Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vista Problems

You know, LGB, you've got a heck of a setup there. I'd die and go to heaven if I had a system like that. Make me one! lol *sigh*
    The Advanced Gamerchick

Kaspersky isn't as memory intensive as Norton. KIS is antivirus and firewall. Check out the KIS site for more info:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_se...t-security.php

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMisery
    You know, LGB, you've got a heck of a setup there. I'd die and go to heaven if I had a system like that. Make me one! lol *sigh*
    Thanks! I build'em for a living, PM me if you're serious.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

I think I will look into KIS. Hey Lgbpop, PM me how much ya charge for a system like you've got there...
    The Advanced Gamerchick

Midknyte.. I ws trying first to email you but i gather you don't want to be contacted, so all i want to do here is thank you for letting US know uon reading this post about the 'Comodo Firewall' program.

Seems over the past few months with all the trojans and other getting around, i still seemto get invaded evry so often ,although i have a good AV solution, spyware program on resident shield, and WAS using the windows firewall ..., all on an XP pro machine, I decided to DL it and check it out... So far i am liking it alot. We'll see over the course of time.

Its been like five years sinced i used any other outside source firewall, but think in todays world its time... The windows one just doesn't seem to do much for protection... If it did and other porgrams i am using, tehn last month i would not have had to do a clean install... Reason... a bad trojan got inside over my AV and other.... at least now this porgram will let me know and ask what to do... LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I don't do emails or PMs. I don't want to get swamped with messages. more importantly, I would rather have the discussion posted in case someone has the same problem.

I try to keep the AV sticky updated. Comodo was added recently.

I hear ya.. wasn't questoning why so much... just maybe since we have talked online in the past I remember you have sent me some good private message replies, ...? privacy is important i understand. I get tons of junk mail and just look them over and delete... I like to communicate with knowledgable people.

You do a good enough job for sure.. LOL Didn't want to bother with a misleading taking over someone elses post here thats all...

I still find it interesting that with all our prsent day world has to offer in the way of 'communication', and all the now generation tech goodies.., that this medium ( communication ), is still one of the most misunderstood but most important in our world of computer usage... sameo andit just keeps going on.. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

At this point in the Vista Chronicles I would recommend against, against using anything but Microsoft programs for security. Windows Live OneCare is the only program that has not trashed my OS at some point. Norton's bloatware programs won't even load on Vista 64bit.

512Mb RAM is not enough to even run XP effectively! Try 2 Gigabytes.

DoubleCheck your CMOS battery and your time, time zone and date.

Buying Vista for anything less the a 2Gig CPU is like buying a brand new racing engine for a mustang and sticking it in a 1969 Falcon. Go ahead and join the 21st Century!
    These are the internets? Where's the beer?

Good reply... Sound advice and analogy. 1 GB will suffice mostly , but your right in todays machines, things probably run best with at least two, and vista is justmore intensive with the graphics, which if you know about these things, thats where most of the memory gets eaten up....

I'm running XP pro still, and will for as long as i can. i bet it will be at least another year before 'Vista' has all of its bugs sorted out 'total' LOL

Not to hate on Vista, but this morning I finally got rid of Vista on my laptop and put XP back on it.

The laptop only has 512MB of RAM, and 128 go to the video.

Running Vista on it was AGGRAVATING, to say the least, and now that I loaded XP on it I feel like slapping myself for not doing it sooner. The system is fast and SNAPPY, I had completely forgotten how fast this laptop could feel. If at any moment you are using Vista and have thoughts of going back to XP, do it. Once you do, you will regret not doing it sooner.

Boycott Vista.

Good choice.... LOL

At present, the only way to fix error 80073712 is to reinstall Vista. That being the case, you would be further ahead by installing XP instead. For security, use NOD32 for anti-virus and the free ZoneAlarm for firewall. If you are behind a router, the Windows firewall would be fine. Your new laptop will be better than new.