Thread: ATI Driver Fun

ATI Driver Fun

Hello. It's been awhile since I've been here!

Does anyone know of a resolution or suggestion to the following error:

"The ATI AVStream T200 Analog Capture could not be opened" message will pop up when attempting to capture video using Vegas 4.0. I've installed the latest ATI drivers (for an All in Wonder 9600) and reinstalled Vegas and it still comes up and prevents video capture. I know in the past I had to roll back to an earlier version of drivers to get this error to disappear. I just would like to know if there is something else that can be tried. Perhaps I should just have the guy use a different capturing software like VirtualDub...

Thanks!
    My computer is old, but it runs great!

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    If a roll back works, then why sweat it?

My HP laptop has issues with the latest ATI griver for the M200, but if I install an older version it works perfectly.

Alright that's fair enough. Will the system retain stability if I installed an older version of ATI MMC/Capture but kept the latest display drivers? Ideally, I'd like to keep the latest display drivers because they presently work very well with the games that are played on the computer and there has been game stability issues with older display drivers. I appreciate your help.
    My computer is old, but it runs great!

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    I can't answer that, but it seems like the best thing to do. Make a fulll sysytem backup first so you can reload if needed.