Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: PC versus new generation consoles

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167398...renews;title;6

I think this is it? I did a search and found this so I hope this is it.
    the prince of all saiyans will not fall again!

Kids can't own anything.. come on what yu been smokin boy
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinup1231
    On the pc. Computers are for more than gaming. There are likely more computers in use than consoles.
    That may or may not be true, it would seem that this thread is about gaming though, and for that, consoles hold a much larger piece of the pie than PC's do

Quote Originally Posted by porsch1909
    Very few children own anything. I'd like to see a link to the survey.

Was it made clear that the adults owned and played the console? Or did they own it and their children played it?

Link?
    LOL! What the heck have you been smokin? Ever heard of christmas presents? What about part time jobs? Or even allowances?

If a parent gets something for their children and says "Ok, you may play it if you want, but when I want to play it, I get it" that's a very clear indication that the parent owns it and the kid can use it. However, if the kid buys something, weather its through allowance or a job, that stuff is the kid's stuff. If the parent were to lose custody of the kid, the kid gets to take every single bit of that stuff with them. I've seen it happen in the court systems.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

Will someone PLEASE....close this motonous thrread. I think we covered the subject.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPistol
    LOL! What the heck have you been smokin? Ever heard of christmas presents? What about part time jobs? Or even allowances?

If a parent gets something for their children and says "Ok, you may play it if you want, but when I want to play it, I get it" that's a very clear indication that the parent owns it and the kid can use it. However, if the kid buys something, weather its through allowance or a job, that stuff is the kid's stuff. If the parent were to lose custody of the kid, the kid gets to take every single bit of that stuff with them. I've seen it happen in the court systems.
    That's about the most retarded argument I've heard. Just because the courts can say your kid owns something, does not mean you are not the owner. Until that happens, you ARE the owner. The courts can send you to jail, but until they actually do, you are NOT in jail. In the US, if you're under 18 and not emancipated, your parents own you.

I was more enquiring how about how the question was asked. Even if the kid 'owns' the console, when the adult is asked if they own it, they may say yes...even if the child bought it with his allowance!

Any thing thats under my roof and in my house is mine, I don't care if my kid bought it or not, until he is out of my house then he can consider it his, its that simple, Now back to the thread at hand, it dose not need to be closed its a good discussion if you ask me.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

This thread has gone off topic.

If you want to talk about what kids own or don't own you can start a new thread in the Off Topic Forum.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV