Thread: New system won't "beep beep"

New system won't "beep beep"

Hi all, just built a new system and when I turned it on, I can't see anything on the screen. When switched on i normally expect to here a beep but hear nothing.

Its an Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA with an E6400.

I am using a PCIe ATi Radeon x300.

I have swapped power supplies, ram, HD, FD and DVD drive but that does nothing.

I know the graphics card works as I stuck it in another PC so i think its either the processor or MB, I would edge towards the MB.

I would welcome any hints, tips or suggestions

cheers in advance

Max.

I have removed everything from the board apart from RAM, PCiE graphics card and CPU. I have then used a screwdriver to short the POWER BUTTON pins. But that still has no effect.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Does the mobo require the extra power plug on the power supply to be plugged in to the mobo? The same for the CPU, is the plug plugged into the mobo?

You need to make sure that the systemboard is not shorting-out. Check that all of the brass stand-offs are properly placed under the systemboard. Each stand-off should have a corresponding hole on the systemboard where the screw holds it down.

As mentioned before, check to see that the systemboard has all of the connectors correctly and securely attached. Did you check what the systemboard manual shows as proper connections? Does the videocard require that you connect it to the power supply? Some high-end videocards require not just one but two connectors going into it.

LPTECH

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Is the power supply listed as a compatible model number on the mobo manufacturers website?

I changed the graphics card for a better one and the system now posts. The old graphics card was still new as a onlu purchased the thing last week. Anyhow job done so thanks all.

I just the old card tested and it was busted??,

It worked on my mats PC for about a week before it took the whole PC down!.