Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You would have to be nuts to buy Vista

You would have to be nuts to buy Vista

Hi ... My understanding is with Vista we are only allow to transfer this operating system to another computer once ? If this is the
    case ? Then I feel Microsoft is screwing the consumers , I don't believe I will be buying Vista , You would have to be nuts to buy Vista
    under those conditions

Microsoft knows that the VAST Majority of users don't or won't need to transfer the OS so it's a non issue.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

The way I see it would be ? Micorosoft is trying to give back the power to those brand name companies to sell computers , I say that because it would seem nowadays more and more people are building their own computers , With xp its really easier to install and reformat , The average joe could do this , So this would cause major dollars loss to them brand name companies , Microsoft makes more money from the brand name companies then they do with the average joe building his own , If you stop the average joe from building ? Then there only option would be to buy brand name computers , Or pirate copies

Average Joe can still build all the computers he wants. Average Joe will have a new ELUA to deal with if he wants to use Vista.

This has nothing to do with the large pc makers.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Have been following this same sort of thread elsewhere and the jist is that the new ELUA will vastly restrict the number and types of upgrades that are allowed.
    For example; video cards, harddrives and CPUs.

Can't really see much reason to upgrade. I have a couple of extra copies of XP to play with now that my older son has gone to Mac.
    SAVING FACE OR LOSING FACE

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar
    im not switching to vista until there are a ton of DX10 games out and DX10 cards are cheap
    Intel Core i7 920 | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P| 6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600| EVGA GeForce GTX 260 |Vigor Monsoon III LT| Antec Quattro 1,000W PSU | Windows 7 x64

Seeing as gaming performance is shaping up to be 10-15% less than that in XP, I'll be waiting on Vista for quite some time...

best to wait and just buy your next machine with vista..I mean MS finally got the bugs outta XP why change, til absolutely neccessary??

Heh, reminds me of Win95 days... by all means, wait 'til that game comes out that requires Vista, or that new system purchase. I intend to... but I have no illusions that I won't be switching to Vista before long.

I won't be buying Vista either. If I have to do Win at all, I'll stick with my Win 2k. America is about freedom - Micro$oft is not...

.bh.
    ----------
    He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Paine.

Solve your voting dilemmas: Find out which candidate is supported by the Trial Lawyers, and then choose one of his/her opponents - effective in avoiding the worst slimeball.

How in the inter-galactic-meta-fusal-magne-tron-universal-thermo-fusion-space-monkey-force are they going to know you formatted, got rid of a PC, and installed Vista on your now current built machine?
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

Gives you an idea of how much machine info it will be collecting. Should be able to fool it to an extent with images.
    SAVING FACE OR LOSING FACE

It's only been in the last couple weeks that MS decided to share the Vista kernel with Symantec and McAfee. Who knows how long before Grisoft or the publisher of Anti-Vir get to see it. What is MS hiding and why? And wait until the virus writers write the hack around the built in security and pretend to be the good cop. Then what?

I have two kids in college and will have for the next 6 years as one leaves and another takes his place. That's plenty of reason to have pc's around with XP Pro at the student rate of $5 a copy. I'm going to be a hold-out.