Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2142 System Requirements

Battlefield 2142 System Requirements

Now that the beta is out:

http://forums.fevergaming.com/showpo...7&postcount=51

In order to install and play Battlefield 2142, your system must meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements.

Operating system: Windows XP with latest service pack installed
    DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
    CPU: 1.7 Ghz
    RAM: 512 Mb
    Video Card: 128Mb DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above.
    Hard Drive space: 1.8Gb of space is required to install the game
    Internet connection: 128kbit Cable/DSL connection

In order to play the game at the recommended resolution, detail and performance levels, your computer should match or exceed the following specifications:

Operating system: Windows XP with latest service pack installed
    DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
    CPU: 3.0 Ghz
    RAM: 1.5 Gb
    Video Card: 256Mb DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above.
    Hard Drive space: 1.8Gb of space is required to install the game
    Internet connection: 512Mb Cable/DSL connection

a new battlefield??? what?

Ultimate Member
    Yep, and guess what, it's still based on the same old horrible bug riddled engine.

One to miss methinks

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

heres hoping they've ironed the bugs out of the thing...a good battlefield game would be nice...although i didn't have any probs with BF2 until everyone started forgetting it was a squad-based game

Ultimate Member
    I've had the "refresh rate crash to desktop" issue with all three BF titles out of the box now. A little bit silly really that they still cant fix an issue out of the box, that the rest of the computing world passed comfortably by nearly 5 years ago.

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    [/B]

I honestly never had one problem with BF2 or one for that matter.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Just to let you guys know I am a fileplanet subscriber and I downloaded the beta last night. I had all graphics settings on high 4x AA 1280x960 resolution and it ran smooth as butter. I didnt really get much playing in as all of the servers setup seem to be European servers so my ping was over 150 on all of them.. ugh. I will let you guys in on how it is once they get some US servers up.

My system is:
    amd64 3500
    2 gb pc3200 ddr
    EVGA 7800gt
    2x 74 gig raptors in raid 0

Well i guess i could play it then... At lest i meet th latest driver version..which must be one of the main reasons all my graphics have improved to the point where i don't have to run out and get another video card right away.. ( I will get one )

I have played the BF2 quite a bit before and even though its a nice game..., it wsa a bit quirky and lagged somewhart for me.... i can't stand moving in half motion whenever the game decides it can't render fast enough or keep up with the action.... Son't know if running it at 800 X 600 would help..never tried.

I agree that if a game maker makes a game.. you would think they would test it on various computer specs , even mid to high range ones and riddle out the bugs as you put it, before making and taking our monies. But..noooo! typical of a corporation giant like EA. I bet they make mor money on thier sports games like Football, which is a sport i love... The restof us can go fly a kite..LOL

I will try the beta if i can get ahold of it..sure.

Whats funny is I still think BF1942 and Desert Combat ran excellent on most anybodies computer..( still like to play those from time to itme ) i do know that game engineor whatever if a game has more grahics, shading and action in a larger scope it becomes increasingly more difficult to smooth the game engine or play out.out.

In actuallity, i could care less about the game anyways..... I lost my respect for EA games long time ago.

How is it that games like FarCry..HL2 and even a graphical demanding game like F.E.A.R. can run and play just fine forf everybody and have no and few bugs at all from the get go, and this giant has so many problems?

Also agree with MJC.. if a game is squad based... then why don't players play hat way?? To be hionest..., its because kids just care about run and gun..period.

Just give me another stealth shooter game ... thats where i'll put my money
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

In actuallity, i could care less about the game anyways..... I lost my respect for EA games long time ago.
    EA games does NOT make battlefield, they publish the game, DICE makes battlefield. Just so you know EA games is now publishing Valve games as well so if you hate EA so much then dont bother playing half life or any future vavle titles.

So what else is new? i love HL games but not the way Valve responds back to customer service.. they never ever have responded ot my numerous emails about a steam issue i have.... I'll still buy the games..and hats what trhey bank on.... its all about the money....

Seems as though anybody that stands up to anything in this industry is labeled as some kind of rebel... I just don't want to purchase a game just to find out it takes like ten patches to make it work right... or that one has to go out once more and update thier system with some more expensive hardware just to play it...lol

I have a high end computer... if thats not enough ..to heck with them and thier game.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bacon
    EA games does NOT make battlefield, they publish the game, DICE makes battlefield. Just so you know EA games is now publishing Valve games as well so if you hate EA so much then dont bother playing half life or any future vavle titles.
    EA bought Dice, though...they didn't buy Valve...That is why there are constant updates to HL2 and its associated games, while on the other hand, EA rarely puts out patches and updates for BF2. Now that BF2142 is on the horizon, forget about any updates for BF2 anymore. They have moved on.

Heck, I remember Valve even putting out a HL1 update a year or so ago, even though HL2 was in full bloom!

Ultimate Member
    Both EA's technical and product support is woeful. PLus as pointed EA now oen DICE

EA are not Valve's sole publisher - indeed, part of the reason Valve have pushed the development of Steam (as well as gotten themselves embroile din a legal tangle with Sierra) is that they wish to move away from a sole reliance upon publishers deal with the distribution of their titles and software (at least to an extent) autonomously

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

[/B]

I still laud the good ole independent game maker. game makers such as Monolith, were and still are every bit as popular as those big giants.., and Every game i have from them is just outstanding...
    No.., it does not take a corporation or marketing giant to make a good game. Lets get back to the basics... Who cares WHO makes a game as long as it is good and is as bug free as we like.

I think Valve would never be taking over or side with such a thing. os MJC makes some vry good points... Maybe its just the clout and that may be what Valve has instilled in thier agreement... Since they are so popular ( probably the vry biggest game genre of the decade here ) , I stil cannot understand why they need anybody.
    "Thats the business world today... takeovers, mergers, and legal litagations..."

In the whole, I am and will and always be impressed at what 'Valve' and trhe whole HL franchise has accomplished and thier games in general. I gripe from time ot time about Steam issues, but I am always on my fav. servers each and every night.. Maybe not evry night

Only a game maker like EA would have the clout ot begin with to come out wiht a game that only half the gaming community will be able to play. They can afford to do this... and its atoaly diferent game engine tthan the marvelous HL2 engine ,which plays on most anybodys system.. Did I make my point here??

Ultimate Member
    You did, but your sort of misguided with it.

EA haven't bought rights to the future development of HL2 and the "Source" engine or anything of that ilk, as you seem to be suggesting. EA have obtained the right to publish future Valve software titles, that is to say, press and create the boxes versions of the software you find on the shelves. They have nothing to do with the coding or programming of valve titles, purely the distribution of the finished article (a suitable analogy would be that of a drug dealer, they usually have nothing to do with the manufacturing of the intial product, instead they are solely responsible for selling it out on the streets).

Contrast this to the DICE, situation, where EA have purchased the developer DICE as part of the EA family. As such, EA now controls the programming, coding and development of the BF series, as well as the distribution of the finished software to stores and end users. As such, EA (read: "The Evil Empire") have direct creative control over the entire manufacturing process of the BF series, including after sales support.

EA are simply that fat and rich these days (there was a time, many moons ago, when EA were a ground breaking development house, pushing things forward) that they can quite simply afford to do what they like in terms of their products and after sales support, simply because it's not going to damage their profits and turnover. As such, EA as a development house seemingly have no qualms about releasing buggy software, and terminating product support within a few months of initial release, leaving those with issues and problems to swing in the wind.

Also, your point about Monolith is flawed, Monolith aren't an "Independent" company by any stretch of the imagination. Like Valve previously, Monolith have, for many years now, had a publishing deal with Sierra/Vivendi Universal.

Even with the growth of the Internet, and direct publishing systems such as Steam or Direct2Drive, it would be impossible to survive as a professional software house without the involvement of a publisher, simply because without one, your finished code will never make it onto the shelves for the user to buy. The only independent coders of any real note nowadays tend to be mod and TC makers, sadly, the day of the back bedroom programming industry is well and truly dead - theres just too much money in games these days

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

[/B]

Again.., Jakk you are the guru of gaming computer information. LOL

Very nice explainations on the subject. I am learning so much.. and i mean that sincerely. Thanks for clearing some of that up. ( at this point in time, you are a better writer than myself )

Soo. what your saying OHTER 'Valve' titles or some other projects will be put out in the EA boxes??? Don't truly understand that either.. but I guess its just a way for Valve to get more stuff out the door heh??
    I guess even the upcoming and already through the door company like 'Valve' still needs some more push and clout for more and more..

personally , I never heard of Dice before... maybe i'm behind the times...

On the subject of 'Monolith' , i think i did read what you said about them and Sierra/Vivendi some time back. thanks for clearing that up. Sierra , in my mind, is an underated company, Can I say for the record that almost every game i have by them is vry good and that i like thier games? They are heavily into sports type games and drivng games ,both of which i love.. but don't always play alot. Good products though. Even Vivendi, with all the past disgrestion and negative inputs put out quite a few gamex I love. I loved the WarHammer series among those..,and a few others i know i got somewhere... had no problems with any of them.

I wish i had gotten inot this business when i was much younger.., but then all of this wasn't ther or out when i was younger... so?? I have way.. too many talents and personal issues going on.

Too much money in games... mmmmmm! now htats a hot one, cnsidering just a couple of years ago, right here we all were discussing how they make vry little on a game.... Yes.." the times they are a changin" ( 'quote' Bob Dylan )