Thread: nice LCD monitor monitor ...and good compnay too..affordable!

nice LCD monitor monitor ...and good compnay too..affordable!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824014105

Amazing what you can get in todays LCDand computer market. Seems like just yeaterday.. moniors of nay sort..esp.the LCD's were soo expensive.

Makes me wish i had the money now that i had then... but its still good news. That meansd when i CAN afford one i will be able to get onwe in the 20-24" class and a good one at that
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar
    Yeah i got my 21 inch CRT for around $250 about two yrs ago .. I should have waited a little longer to upgrade from a 17 inch CRT lol ... I could have gotten an LCD now ... now I cant even get rid of this CRT because nobody wants CRT's anymore and they weigh a ton so its not worth shipping to other states

amazeing how the prices of LCD's has gone down over what seems like overnight ... 2 yrs ago a 19 inch LCD would run you $500-$700
    Last edited by _Mystical_Night; 08-09-2006 at 04:43 AM.
    Intel Core i7 920 | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P| 6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600| EVGA GeForce GTX 260 |Vigor Monsoon III LT| Antec Quattro 1,000W PSU | Windows 7 x64

MK.. Unless the overall concensus in the computer community has changed.... there are plenty fo us that still concur that a CRT is STILL a better overall picture.

That being said.. its open for discussion once more due to the fact that at present and with the vastly improved LCD's and thier refresh rates along with all the reat of the specs... Now.. getting a LCD does indeed make alot of sense...more so than say ... one or two years ago.

Most users ..gamers esp. just want a monitor that takes up less room. CRT's are just plain HEAVY and bulky items. Mine must weigh like 180 lbs. its just a monster to move and takes up more space.

LCD's have alot of advantages other than that also. Depending upon the model or maker.. they have DVI and other outside hookups.. and the pic. may seem a bit brighter.. overall.

I just never liked the grainy picture... CRT's line to dot ratios are most often better.

In fact .. if you look at it from a history perspective... CRT's are like dinosaurs..that have just gotten better up to the point of the newer technology.. hence LCD's

A friend of mine has a Dell 21" monitor that is a 2003 model and was used for Cad Design. Absolutely one of the sharpest and nicest pictures on it I have seen from any CRT ever. Got it froma guy who picks them up from places that either go out of business ..move or whatever.
    Regardless.... of a LCD..I would still gt that if i could get my hands on one and had the monies. ( one of few things Dell makes that are the best out there )

In perspective.. most every piece of computer HW..including CPU's,memory,HD's and all other have come down drastically in price. Seems the only thing that has not are higher end video cards... and that is what more of the talk is about these days. It can be very upsetting to alot of us that over a course of a very short time span, we have lost a bundle on our machines.I have. My current CPU is now going for a rediculous $150.00. I spent like $ 319.00 for it and got a great deal the first part of January
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS