Thread: Music-synchronized Lights

Music-synchronized Lights

Anyone know where I can see a mod for music-synchronized lights inside a PC case, Im building one for a freind of mine and want some Ideas. I have seen them round some where just having trouble finding one.

Check out NewEgg for sound activated cold cathode lights, those will pulse to the beat of music.

...or is this not what you are talking about?

Nope thats it, just didnt know what the heck they called em, Thanks MJ

you dont happen to know where I could see a mod? or some Mpeg, I want to see how they look and run

Hmm...not off the top of my head, but I could tell you how they work from my experience.

Usually they come with a cathode, a smaller inverter box (I belive it is an inverter, anyways), that comes with a mic of some sort built in. You also get a plate that fits in one of the PCI slots which has controls to allow you to change mode (off, on, pulse) and to adjust the sensitivity of the pulse, so that a fainter or louder sound will trigger the light. You need to adjust this somewhat depending on the computer case, because you can make it too sensitive, in which case the light will start pulsing to the beat of your CPU fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MJCfromCT
    Hmm...not off the top of my head, but I could tell you how they work from my experience.

in which case the light will start pulsing to the beat of your CPU fan.
    That was one of my conserns. I dont want to build this system and the guy keep calling me because the light keeps flashing on and off. and he wants more than one light he said about 3 or 4 so maybe Ill hook up some LED's to it instead of all cathode lights, IM sure I can rig it so they run on the same sound activator.

Ultimate Member
    I've got one running on my machine atm. As stated, it takes a bit of tiem to "tune" them in appropriatley sensitivity wise, but if your mates got a subwoofer or decent bass output on his/her sound system then it shoudl work a treat. As always, be aware to take into account any cathodes/LED's in your PSU requirements

--Jakk

i have them and they suck

all those Advertized Music Sync Lighting effects, are not effective enough under normal use.

Only good for LOUD LAN parties and show off, but on a daily use, it's no good.

because it needs you to turn on the Speakers very loud for it to make any NOticeable lightning effect

also being inside the Case, and the Noise of the FANs, HDD, etc... it just contribuite to the noise DB level with lower even more the reaction to any other particular music unless its very loud

well i will not consider Loud, Loud, since that's how i like the music and games... but... family members always complain they can hear my sounds/music from 3rd floor (2nd floor), and me being in the basement....

i need a sound prof room for myself ... that'll be my next big proyect
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5