Thread: Might be Motherboard Problem

Might be Motherboard Problem

I have a computer less than 2 years old and it crashed on me while doing system resteore, I took it to a friend who is a Tech and she said it could be the Hard drive or motherboard, I also bought more ram and she installed that, but the computer keeps saying it is a different ram that it is. she emailed me the messages she was getting. after as she said the blue screen of death.
    Session3_initialization_failed
    check hardware or software installation
    disable or remove newly installed hardware
    Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing (she said this is not visible anywhere in the BIOS that I could see)
    Technical Information
    STOP:0x0000006F (0x00000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

She said she has searched everywhere and the only thing close to this was to do with the Motherboard. I don't really want to buy a Motherboard and Hard Drive if I only need one. If we had an idea which one to try first I would try that.
    I hope someone out there has an idea of a fix for this or an idea at least of what the problem is. Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give, This is all pretty foreign to me, I am just an average computer user.

Look here:

http://www.techimo.com/forum/t135371.html

I doubt it's the motherboard. It's either the hard drive 0r CD drive.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Thank you, I have passed this information on to my friend, hopefully that is all it is, then I would be one happy camper, will let you know what happens, Thanks again

It.s me again, I passed the information on to my friend and she said she has tried all that already, testing the ram and the CD Windows XP Home is a new one and doesn't have any scratches or anything. But one other thing is she said when she took my hardrive out it was really hot. And when she hooked it up to her computer it got hot again. So who know maybe it is the Hard Drive, If we don't find anything else out I guess that will be our first thing to replace and try. But still open to any other suggestions anyone would have.
    Thanks again for your help.

Did you read that thread? It didn't say that the CD disk was bad - it said that the drive was. Try another CD drive.

I really don't like doing three-way help sessions. Tell your friend to register and ask here directly.
    MS MCP, MCSE

vikster-

Is the additional RAM compatible? (same speed and timing?) Sounds like the RAM is not working with each other and therefore not allowing for the install of the OS to complete!

LPTECH