Thread: CPU fan problem in Motherboard

CPU fan problem in Motherboard

Hi,

I have "GFXELL" motherboard, it was working fine but suddenly my PC started being hanged by some problems. i carried that to a hardware repairer. He says the CPU fan is working slowly and hit sink become too hot thats why your PC is working slow.

I changed the fan but still facing the same problem.. i don't think that was the problem causing me

?

hmmm

A bad heatsink fan will definatly heat your computer up, what CPU are you using. Intel CPUs have a sensor that allows the chip to consume less power when it gets hot, so as not to overheat. Less power can mean less clock cycles. It is possible that your CPU is getting too hot and is reducing power and speed so it doesnt fry itself. I would make sure you have a quality heatsink, and that the case fans in your computer are configured in such a way as to achieve maximum airflow. You can have 6 fans, but if they are not setup properly then they can do more harm then good. If it is going slow you may want to check the power management settings in the BIOS, look for the Intel Speedstep setting, and change it to disabled.

Please give more info

azhar5i-

If the computer technician who looked at your system said that it is due to an overheating problem, then I would check to see if the HSF (HeatSink/Fan) is properly seated on top of the CPU and also to make sure that you have the correct amount of thermal compound between the CPU and the HSF! Too little or too much will not help in the heat transfer from CPU to the HSF. You have to have just the correct amount to effectively draw out the excess heat generated by the CPU.

Please give us your system specs so that we could have a better idea of how your computer is configured and what might be causing your problem!

LPTECH

Please don't diable speed step in this situation, the speedstep will save the cpu from killing itself before it locks up from overheating. plus when it's running slow restart the machine and check temperatures in the bios.