Thread: Power Supply?

Power Supply?

im pretty sure it is but before i get a new one just checking..

anyway i just made this amd dual core pc right when the conroes came out for price drop.. but anyway its dual core amd, nvida 7900gt sli(not running sli although...) 1 gig stick of ddr 800(upgrading soon)...anyway ever since i got it every once in a while i would get random shutdowns, most the time under stress but not always. Now the thing is after it shutsdown nothing responds when i try to turn it back on. I check all temperatures with my hands just incase the low readings on the mobo are messed up. before i just waited a couple min then it would turn on.. it has been taking longer and longer, now when it happends it takes about a half hour to go on and everything works fine. also now when it happends it does respond right after. one of the case fans goes on and the cpu fan and it just hummz... but thats it. I checked the power supply fan when this happends and its not moving.. some motherboard lights are on but nothing is going on.

any suggestions?

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Sounds like the power supply.

Considering the upgrade you have just carried out it makes sense to purchase a new high-quality PSU - this is a pretty standard rule of thumb.

If you need any ideas on a PSU post back. The situation will only get worst and could result in other components being damaged as well as data loss.

Nice CPU, shame about the PSU.