Thread: Steam favorites..why can't they get it right??

Steam favorites..why can't they get it right??

I am sooo sick and tired that whenever Steam updates..and i mean this is like four or five times now... my favorites do not work. Nothing is added whenever i put addresses in ...nor anything else with that history..??

Suppose i have to wait another five months till they fix this... Hope this is isn't just my problem.... I did write them..but they never ever get back to you..offer a fix or whatever... Always in thier own time....

What a hassle having to go through evry single entry...to find my favorites...

I did write alot of them down ( addresses) but tis useless if the add favorites do not work...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

It just happened to me too, must be a problem with the latest update (and their QA process at a higher level). It's very annoying as it's not always easy to locate the servers again and as you say, it must have happened at least 4 times now.

Yeah... and i'll place a bet that they will only acknowledge the problem after say.... 3 months??

You would think that if I have this problem and apparently ...you do too...,then others must also have the same thing happening..that something would be in the Steam news about it or that they would put out another update ( permenent like hopefully )..and fix this once and for all.

On a personal note... I do love thier games and the whole HL2 thing so much it makes it difficult to criticize them.. but I feel that they are getting sort of power and status blinded and a bit arrogant, which i have stated before.
    After all of thier supposed great changes and updates... the game looks and plays about exactly the same as when it first came out. Nothing so new as i can see. ( ??)

If pings did not vary so much then i could write that info down... ( and i do anyways ) and mostly use that as a start point for finding me servers. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

These days I don't play CS as much as I used to, but I still enjoy it from time to time. There seem to be more servers with BOTS around at the moment and I guess this is because there are generally less people playing. There are certainly less servers in my area. Most of the changes in CS throughout the years have been incremental really. Even the move to the HL2 engine didn't really change the game format in any way. On the whole I think this is a good thing as the game is one of those classics that doesn't need any radical changes IMO. On the other hand, if less people are playing (which is just my impression) then maybe a shakeup is in order.

When set my filter to less than 150 latency.. i get about 3400 servers...and for just that.... number that is still alot of servers.

For me i like playing on this one server that has like ten bots on each side...and often like anywheres from one to six or seven players playing along. The reason i play here so much is less hassle.. it works well .., the bot AI is actuallly pretty good ( minus them getting in your way ..,which is the main beef with players... and having to order them around..but i am used to all of that now...
    Also, it feeds my ego some as i am pretty good ( better than most ) and usually am the top scorer,although a few others are extremely good also.

The servers with all players gets too darn hectic and its more of a in crowd thing, and too many kids or younger players playing mostly... Nobody ever helps or covers each other as it seems its all about getting the most kills and stats.
    On that note..., i could care less about stats. That tells me that players really have no idea as to why that is important.. IT IS NOT! another ego thing.

Sometimes on certain nights.. a few players might play the sniper mode or whatever ..get thier stats and i never see them again. Just as well...as mostly they might be good...but that is all they care about. They never ever talk or communicate.... just stats and thier gone. ( I don't own a mic/headphone set..just a regular headphone )

I use to play on this one all human server and loved it for awhile..until the server,which is on thier own ego trip... changes the rules to suit thier own fancy and they have thier own clan, which most of them are again... very self porpelled...
    Since..i never play there anymore.

I also like the bots or zombies versus guns only mode. The T bots have knives and guns only and we can only use guns...and pick thiers up. really fun often times, but it gets boring fast.

Prefer to play CT mostly. Just me. I am too darn patriotic..and besides ...: I like the idea of shooting them and using thier weapons in that rd or the next..provided you don't die.

Since i no longer can use my credit card i am probably going to misss out on the Aftermath pre-order ...and maybe the initial release until I can either buy it retail or use PayPal. Bummer! LOL

There's still nothing like CS to get my heart racing. When you're into a game and doing well, then in one round find yourself out numbered, after a couple of successfull kills I can literally hear my blood pumping in my ears. It provides a buzz like know other game I've played.

I take it you mean the orignal?? Yeah it is very hectic game... even more so than CS.

Maybe i'll try some of that for a change. Since i reloaded my OS a ways back.. i thik i need to do the training again.. but sinced Steam keeps yur records for yu.., maybe not.

I just got done playing some on my favorite CSS server ( I finally found it today .. it had a higher ping than previous ), and this one guy wanted me to join his clan and play on XFire. I used to have that..but took it off since I was not using it anymore.

Whats strange is that some servers are going into my favorites and some don't do anything.... When i open the game up again after disconnecting, they are gone.
    Makes it so much easier when that wks.. LOL