Thread: WMA file sharing on two computers?

WMA file sharing on two computers?

I realize this will sound like somewhat of a sketchy situation but let me explain....

I have (er....had) two computers. I stored all my WMA Files on Computer A (it had lots of hard drive space), but ran Windows Media on Computer B. Everything worked fine. Well, Computer B failed, so I switched to using Computer A as my primary computer.

Now, Windows Media thinks all my files belong to a different person, and it wants me to update my digital rights management or something. I'll happily do this if someone can explain to me what's really going on, and if I really will still be able to listen to all my songs....and what I need to do if I ever get my other computer back up and running....I just don't want to lose my files that I have legally paid for on Napster...!

Oh, and another thing...

In case it helps, the harddrive on the computer that failed is still OK. I slaved it into the working computer and can view all the files. Is there a way I can import my license files to the new computer?

Nevermind....

I got it under control. I was able to re-download my Napster library through Napster. Of course, I forgot that since I was using the running computer as a webserver, I had never installed the audio drivers for the integrated audio device....that was an adventure in itself....