Thread: optimization challenge!!!

optimization challenge!!!

Okay this might be a stupid question but i need and want help.
    okay I got the new dell xps m140. it got 1 gb ram, 1.86 gigahertz, pentium m processor, and a intel gma 900 graphics card.<---

can somone show me ways that i can optimize to get around 30-40 fps when plying counterstrike scource. Ive updated to direct x 9c and got the sdk and manneged ro get about 18 fps, can someone tell me some ways to get it higher without voiding my warrenty w/ dell please!

p.s I dont really know a lot about compter tems and stuff like that, so if you can, plez try to put it in simplist words.

you can't make that card do much more than that. if you planned on using the laptop for gaming, you should have gotten an ATI or Nvidia chip rather than the Intel onboard video.

The only way is to get a better video card.. i got my radeon x800gto 256mb gddr3 for $175 last month but its AGP so its more expensive. IDK if you have an AGP or PCIexpress slot tho, express cards are cheaper so you'd be in luck if you had one of those

it's a laptop.

some laptops (i think dell XPS, and Alienware) have an AGP/PCI-E Slot where u can upgrade the card..nifty stufff

it would be an MXM slot, which is closer to PCI-E. if he did have one, then it would have come with an nvidia or ati card to begin with.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...pecstab#tabtop

Take it back. If you had a better graphics processor on it, It would be fit for gaming. However, you don't. Sorry dude.

Disable all the bells and whistles. Disable anti-aliasing, reduce the resolution, set deatils to medium or low etc...