Thread: converting a pc into a console

converting a pc into a console

what is the easiest way to get 2 game controlllers to work on my computer? do i need to buy a special sound card or do they have just pci cards with multiiports for an extra controller ... ?

oh , smart joy has a usb 2 player controller. looks like someone made it easy..

hmm, are there any lag problems with these usb items?

I have been using usb gamepads for over a year and love them. I'll never go back. My usb gamepads don't have any lag. I also have one of those adapters to use a PS2 gamepad on my computer and it works great. Its a Kiky X-series. The only thing i can't get to work right is the vibrate feature.

ok, i give in .. how do i get this thing to work on madden 06 .. i tried to remap the keys .... nothing works riight....

im using a smartjoy 5 pro 4 player adapter usb hub/controller thing. and 2 ps2 controllers from gamestop .. i try to play madden 06 and i figure i gotta do some simple button remapping to make it more like a console config ... no luck i cannot even control the running back ..he just runs off on his own . i went through the control panel and calibrated my controllers .. still no worky worky.. reinstalled the drivers ... nothing.. im at a loss .. one more hour of this sillyness and i giving up ..

i cannot believe no one else has had this problem... i guess im the only goon that likes to blow 30 dollars on an idea that does not work .

Not Sure as I've never played that game, but most games have a remapping config option from the options menu.
    As well, the Logitech PS2 dual shock style usb controllers comes with remapping software included in the drivers. I use this without a hitch. Have you got a driver for your controllers installed?

I just picked up an xbox 360 controller for my PC and it is working beautifully (on most games)
    I hope it will be able to be optimized more but so far I'm happy.