Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTB/trade for SOCKET A XP2100 TbredB or >

Ultimate Member

WTB/trade for SOCKET A XP2100 TbredB or >

As title indicates, seeking a xp 2100 or faster TbredB (or locked barton<2600) for use in my ECS K7S5a which is giving me fits with the mobile 2500 barton I'm presently using.

Hoping to acquire an inexpensive one, possible trades include memory, NIB pci cards of all types, much more used stuff as well.

Thanx for looking, LMK what you have, can do PP, usps MO, whatever. Whole/partial trade would be great, also have all good heat/beer : http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=34340
    or
    http://www.beerology.com/ars/view.cfm?id=3244
    Last edited by krazefinn; 12-21-2005 at 04:05 PM.

Krazefinn
    I also have (2) ECS K7S5A mobos and have been looking to upgrade to an 2000 to 2400 (getting hard to find) but as an option i've been looking at mobile chips like the one your using.What problems are you haveing with that chip?

Ultimate Member
    Some K7 boards do not boot at the correct multiplier, instead using the lowest, 6x. Then I have to use 2 different windows based programs (CrystalcpuId and speedfan) to manipulate the multiplier and fsb back. I'd rather have a chip that will simply overclock using the HoneyX OC bios without having to do that. Some people report that the mobiles boot at their default multi (13x in the case of the 2500), and I have not noted what common factor might be responsible (ie different bios, board version, date of cpu etc). I ran a 2200 revb tbred at 147 fsb for many years, until it refused to boot one day, I suspect a weak psu took it out.

Here's a link to a good k7 forum...
    http://p199.ezboard.com/bk7s5amotherboardforum

Kraze, I have a 2400+. Interested? I'll ship first cause I have no heat and the 2400+ shouldn't cost anything to ship.

What'll you swap me for it? I need a case, I could use some 3200 ram, etc. I don't know what you have so...................??

know what ya mean

it is getting hard to find those Tbred XP+ chips at all. They are getting a good penny on ebay for them. Check on the K7S5A prices as well on ebay....almost what one cost new 2/3 years ago. Funny everybody flamed that card back in the day. I have 3 in the family and bought a 4th just to make repairs easily. I am in the market for a 1800-2400 as well without giving up my first born grandchild for it.

Ultimate Member
    Very interested baddriver! Price dependent, though! What would you need for it if outright cash? Then we can consider trade/etc.
    Thanx for the reponse. Email me and I'm sure we'll come up with some mutually equitable deal.

Carp Kraze dude. I have no idea what I would want for it. It isn't being used.

PM me an email addy again and we'll talk. I'll get with you tomorrow on it if not tonight. I have been having puking fits for 3 days. I really don't want allot for it, just something I can use.

I'd take $50 cash. I would rather swap though.

Ahhh, make it $40. WTF?

Have brand new XP 2400+ thorton. OEM ---Actually have several of them. Will let them go at $50 ea.
    Most people think,
    Great God will come from the skies,
    Take away everything
    And make everybody feel high.
    But if you know what life is worth,
    You will look for yours on earth:
    And now you see the light,
    You stand up for your rights. jah!

Ultimate Member
    I don't see your email in prolfile, so mail me at the yuahoo ad (timo1st@). I'd be real happy to swap something for it, have yons extra memory,many NIB pci (ie Maddog 4.1 soundcard, ext hardeare modem, wireless logitech kb/ms, 3com nic etc) ,also agp cards, also lots of used miscallaneoushardware. The 2400 would be perfect, it is a 266 bus tbredB right? I don't think it will properly run thortons or bartons, esp over 2600. I had a 2200 for years which was good, the 2500 mobile works but requires too much tweaking to boot every time. 2400 would be a great little upgrade.

LMK what you might need. I also have a few new drives, dvdrom, cdrw, couple of used harddrives and a raid card. Not to mention cables, adapters, heat sinks, fans.
    memeory would be easy to send....but whatever!

Hope you arwe feeling better, its no fun chucking cookies!

no clock multipliers on ANY NEW mobo's

Abit stopped adding the feature (clock multiplier adjustments) to new boards when AMD superlocked Socket A desktop processors produced after week 39 of 2003. That's true of all the VIA and nForce boards released after that change.

Only the older boards like the KV7 (original) have MAXFID.

http://www.abit-usa.com/technology/maxfid.php
    mdm

M7VIG400 & PC CHIPS M863G V5.1A BOTH DO SUPPORT MOBILE CHIPS BUT NEITHER IS A "SUPER PERFORMER". alSO THE ECS KM400 offers a mobile processor/mobo combo if u search the web.pricewatch.com
    mdm

Ultimate Member
    As well as needing a socket a tbredB 2100 or faster, am also seeking a 9800 AIW pro.

LMK what you have, thanx!

Ultimate Member
    Still atemting to acquire a XP2400 tbred B chip,
    Baddriver can you emai me? I maybe have a suitable case for you if shipping not too stupid. Or I can send usps mo, pp, others. LMK, I'm real interested in yours, or anyone else...THANX!

Ultimate Member
    Somebody just pm'd me, got the email notice, but not able to see any new messages. Can you email me instead to yahoo ad inprofile(timo1st@)