Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A perfect reason to never use Seagate HDDs again

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Not fancy fixin up my Compaq 9Hz 286 then ? .........25Mb Hdd & 4 Whatsits O' ram

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk
    Not fancy fixin up my Compaq 9Hz 286 then ? .........25Mb Hdd & 4 Whatsits O' ram

err why don't YOU fix it...by say, shootin' it or something...

Quote Originally Posted by mireland
    why don't YOU fix it...
    Do you think that is wise ?

Just looking at it should be enough for it to explode if JMs doing the looking. If he touches it, it'l probably go critical and start singing She'll be COmming Round the Mountain in a falsetto.

They were brill those olde worlde compaqs ......... & the 8086 IBM's too ...... The cast ally ones..

My 1st pC was an Amstrad PC1640. It didn't even have an 8086 chip. It had the slightly older 8088 and ran at a blistering 4.7MHz. 640Kb RAM and a massive 20Mb HDD.
    I remember the stuff I used to do with it and am still amazed at how well it ran.

Umm ......... They used to try & teach us reprobates computin' wiv a Commodore Pet & some shizz that was even earlier ......... I used to sit up the back smoking & readin a girly mag.

Why doesn't that surprise me

I remember we had a couple of those, but heaps and heaps of those nasty C64s.
    Aparently some scandinavian company now owns the Commodore name and are releasing lots of products. Wonder if they'll ever do a PC again.

I bought a C64 at one time I think ............... They were all way too geeky for me at that time

With the tape drive and stuff. Yuck. I never had one, me mum and dad wouldn't get me one

Yeah ....... I even went mad & gotta aftermarket 5 1/4" Fdd ......... They were freakin dear at the time ...... Still a loda rocks tho

My first was an Apple IIe, had to sell it to pay bills...

Later (prolly 1986 or so) I bought a box of junk for $100. There were 2 8088 xt type mobos in it, a power supply that didn't work, a daisey wheel printer, a floppy and a big heavy desktop case. I fixed the ps, a broken coil, pushed all the chips down in the mobos, and they both actually worked. I traded one of em for a Seagate 10MB hd n bought an mfm controller for it at one of the first computer shows in L.A. Within a month I was runnin DOS 3.3 Word Perfect, and Lotus 123, got a modem, and a Compuserve account. Been upgradin ever since

Freakin prevert

How did this topic went offtrack??? What happened to the discussion of seagate HD and maxtor merging??? someofyou guys need to start a new topic. this is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie31
    How did this topic went offtrack??? What happened to the discussion of seagate HD and maxtor merging??? someofyou guys need to start a new topic. this is driving me nuts.

ok, this sentence has the word hard drive and maxtor and segate in it....better?