Thread: Table Alignment

Table Alignment

Hello all,

I need a little help on a simple website I'm building.

1) I have a tabled page. I'm having trouble trying to vertically align the table within the window though. I though the attribute was "valign" for the <table> tag, but it does not work.

2) I would like to be able to set table alignment attributes in CSS, but I can't find where you would do that either...

Any help on either of these issues is appreciated. While having the table attributes defined on a CSS is preferable, if I simply can get the table to align correctly, it should be no problem. I'm working with a very simple site, and changes will be small during the course of it's lifetime, if any.
    My computer is old, but it runs great!

Tables are tricky sometimes. Remember that there is an order to which table property takes preccedence...especially when nesting tables.

You are correct that the attribute for the table tag is "valign", but that can be overpowered by a previously defined attribute countering it.

In CSS you are looking to throw "vertical-align:" into your class definition for your table. It comes with many different alignment choices...
    Code:
    	vertical-align:baseline;
    	vertical-align:bottom;
    	vertical-align:inherit;
    	vertical-align:middle;
    	vertical-align:middle;
    	vertical-align:sub;
    	vertical-align:super;
    	vertical-align:text-bottom;
    	vertical-align:text-top;
    	vertical-align:top;
    choose your poison.

I usually would be all for your table design, but recently I have been exploring DIV tags, and WOW talk about possibilities.
    "Study the past if you would define the future." - Confucius