Thread: running two xbox's on xbox live...

running two xbox's on xbox live...

I've got a bit of a problem. in my appartment, we want to be able to run two different xbox's on xbox live. we have separate gamer tags and everything and our cable connection is high speed so it should support it. i THINK the problem may be with the router actually. say one xbox is connected to live, then we'll boot the other one and that one will log on, but then about a minute later, the other xbox will get booted from live. we'll run the troubleshoot and we've done everything it said in there, like setting the router packets above 1386 i think it is.. other people we've talked to haven't had troubles running two xboxs on live and their connections are just the same as ours or even a little slower. if you can run two xbox's, what router do you have? thanks for the help!

anybody?? router recommendations??

ANNNNNY thoughts??

After doing this many times, I see to possible causes.
    1: Your connection isn't as good as you think. Try some ways to check your connection. I ususally just see how long it takes to download a big file on my computer.
    2: The router. I find that Linksys routers offer the least amount of trouble.

Here is a way to determine if it is the connection or not. Copy one account onto the other XBOX. Then both players sign in on one xbox with their own account (yes you can use 2 accounts on 1 xbox at the same time), and see if you get the same problem. If you do, then it is the connection. If not, maybe it is the router.

Also, keep in mind that XBOX Live has been doing lots of upgrades because of the 360 comming out, and that has been causing some issues!
    http://www.importrendz.net

We still are the ones who start the trendz!

I used to have the same exact problem. I had switched to a D-Link router, one that has the xbox compatible symbol on the box and everything works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripme
    I used to have the same exact problem. I had switched to a D-Link router, one that has the xbox compatible symbol on the box and everything works fine.
    that's my guess - upgraded routers a couple of times and Linksys sometimes caused problems - use D-Link and have probably 7 computers, 2 xbox (the other one on the way) we can all be online and no problems

remember - never hurts to check internet connection by unplugging modem, routers and hubs, then restarting them - cable or dsl modem until you get all lights, then plug in power on router - wait for wan light to blink, then plug in power to any hubs - good luck