Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HL2: The Lost Coast due for next week?

Ultimate Member

HL2: The Lost Coast due for next week?

sweet.
    i can't wait to put my new x800 through its paces.

you should consider the modded pro route jakk, unless you're saving for something huge. the asus one on newegg rocks.
    i so pretty yes i am... pretty pretty dancing

Ultimate Member
    I'm planning on taking Santa hostage and demanding a 7800GT at christmas

--Jakk

cant wait, havent played HL2 for ages! such a great game!

when do they want to release the expansion pack aftermath?
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Ultimate Member
    It was penned for the end of this year, but with the delays on DoD:S and Lost Coast i would guess that that's gone for a Burton

--Jakk

I was just wondering about that since they just did a site upgrade ....

Any extra game or games that are HL2 oriented are a must have for me.

Now....If they would release HL Aftermath soon that would be sweet also

I have a ton of games and HL2 is right at the very top of the best game I have played and enjoy... Thier graphics are the best as far as I am concerned.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    I'm planning on taking Santa hostage and demanding a 7800GT at christmas

--Jakk
    I'd be begging for an X1800 instead. ATI have finally fixed the low Open GL performance issue.

"The extra performance comes by way of changes to the way the new ring-bus memory controller handles OpenGL calls. ATI's new memory controller is programmable via software, so with a simple driver update, ATI was able to basically completely revamp the way their new memory controller reacts to OpenGL." - HotHardware.com

64 fps to over 84 with the reprogramed controller. Thats not bad and equal to the speed of the 7800GT

Ultimate Member
    Problem is, i'd have to wait and take the easter bunny hostage in order to get an X1800 given the current supply (or lack thereof) issues

--Jakk

Christmas should be long enugh away for any supply problems to be solved. You can get them on ebay with no difficulty allready.

hmmm So i cant play HL2 Lost Coast if my system dosnt meet the Requirements? I downloaded it and I cant seem to play it besides the demo.. Kind of lame i think...
    MY POTM BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!

You should be able to play it, even if you don't meet the requirements. What do you mean "besides the demo"? Keep in mind that Lost Coast is only about 15 minutes of playing time. It isn't an extension of Half Life 2, rather just a tech demo.

ahhhh i was confused. Thanks for clarifying I just dont see what all the hype was for 10 mins of playtime.

ty
    MY POTM BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!

yeah... i was a bit dissapointed also...at the abrupt end..... ( fade to black )

Still., It was very nice.. and to be truthfull as good as it looked.., it froze my machine a few times...but nothing out of the ordinary.

Any word on the near release of Aftermath??
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

All it seems to do on my PC is to crash it. HL2 works flawlessly, but LC is crash city!

wow does that looks nice on my system, It told me I couldnt run it, but it runs very nice, just as well as HL to be honest, and Im running 3.06 1 GiG Mem 6800GT. the water looks stunning eh.