Thread: cannot browse thru some webpages

cannot browse thru some webpages

I'm having trouble accessing some websites here at my home PC, wherein I have no trouble browsing when using my office PC. One example is http://www.dreamweavercafe.com/cafe I've tried using Firefox as well but still cannot browse it. Appreciate any advice.
    Last edited by Direct1; 06-17-2005 at 11:17 AM.

ok firstly could you access the sites before and they just stopped working?

Also did you recently install anything, firewall, privacy gauridan ect?

Check your security settings, you may find its those sites (like forums) that place a cookie on your comp for that session, and you block cookies you block access to the site

For the love of GOD why wont this work?

The sites are all working. I can visit them on my office PC and not my home PC. Both are using the same ISP but different accounts. I've check browser internet security and it was set to medium. I reset tcp/ip, still the same. I did a tracert to www.dreamweavercafe.com and it is working. Somehow my browsers cannot visit the site.

what is the message you get when you try to load the page??

you may want to try:
    http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks
    as it says it can solve
    Blank web pages
    Connection issues to some sites
    give it a go!

it displays the normal "cannot display this page" message. Tried the site you gave me and it failed the "test" page.

you didnt answer my question. I asked were the sites working on your HOME pc before and then suddenly stopped working?
    What ISP u have is not relevant.

If they just stopped working when was this? did u do any updates, new instalations ect ect this is the important stuff. Also are you downloading, using kazaa or bit torrent ect. I ask this cause some versions of file sharing programs lock or block the http port and you need to restart just to go on the net.

browsers dont just stop working, you would have either changed somthing, or you should have noticed somthing not right.

I would ask that you download HIGHJACK this, scan adn post your log as i bet you got a bad program running about causing this, unless you been downloading and installing lately. Quite simply, a change was made to your comp, either by you, sumone else or a program.
    For the love of GOD why wont this work?