Thread: (CS:S) Disconnect: ProcessUsercmds: Incorrect reading frame

(CS:S) Disconnect: ProcessUsercmds: Incorrect reading frame

I've searched, no real solutions. anyways heres the error:

Disconnect: ProcessUsercmds: Incorrect reading frame (check sending and receiving code for mismatches)!

It happens very often, and it pisses me off since it goes at the worst possible times. My best guess is that my 9600xt is overheating, but i'm not totally sure.

Help plz?

P4 2.4 w/ ht
    2x256mb PC2700 dualchannel ram
    ati 9600xt 128mb
    thats all that seems to matter atm.. along with my Linksys BEFSR41 router which seems to relate to the (check sending and receiving code for mismatches) part of the error.

Can you run sans the router for a bit to see if it is the cause?

If your running a software firewall, you may want to disable that as well.

I don't think it is the card overheating as that would result in lockups and happen in more than just CS.

EDIT:

The only link that was somewhat worthwhile - after reading some poorly translated german (thanks google), it appears that if you run in console mode it'll tell you that it isn't finding something on the HDD that should be there, then it'll drop. I could be reading it horribly wrong and I was trying to interpret what was translated. I only mention the above as the solution (per se) as the person said thanks about running in console then mentioned the game couldn't find X then would drop. Here's the thread via google for you to decide for yourself what is up as I'm not completely sure on my take on it.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ing%2Bframe%2B(check%2Bsending%2Band%2Breceiving%2Bcode%2Bfor%2B mismatches)!%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official
    Last edited by Someone Stupid; 03-10-2005 at 02:42 AM.

some dude from the steam forums said i should downgrade my firmware until i find a stable one, he says he did just that and that exact error was solved. but where can i find previous firmware versions?

Your firmware for?

befsr41 linksys

Well have you tried running without a router to verify the problem?