Thread: ATI Catalyst vs NVIDIA ForceWare - The Bare Necessities

ATI Catalyst vs NVIDIA ForceWare - The Bare Necessities

http://www.elitebastards.com/page.ph...d=1&comments=1
    Introduction

Every month there are dozens of driver benchmarks to be found within this wonderful thing called the Internet that pit the latest and greatest ATI or NVIDIA drivers against earlier versions. Sometimes, to make things a little more interesting, these benchmarks include leaked and/or modded drivers. However, I don’t think anyone has yet run a series of benchmarks directly comparing ATI and NVIDIA drivers.

Of course, to undertake such a task is fraught with dangers. The primary problem is, because each driver is running on different hardware, how exactly to benchmark one driver against the other. To that end, I started off with a somewhat jokey approach, comparing the download speed of each driver for example. It was for my own amusement more than anything else. Then I wondered about how each driver would affect system start-up speed and tested that. Finally, I contacted Hanners, who is truly a God among us mere mortals, with the idea of this site hosting such a set of benchmarks and decided to take a more professional approach, going into some depth.

I can't seem to load the page, I just get a blank page :S
    Eh?

It's fine here... Try clearing your browser's cache out, that works for me sometimes.

Hmm, didn't help, and I can't even load the main site... could be to do with the university proxy or something, I'll have a look later in the week when I'm home. Sorry for off topic.
    Eh?

Is it just me...or is this testing a completely waste of time?????

It shows other aspects of video drivers that don't normally get benchmarked. Sorry if you thought it was boring, but it seemed like a novel approach. It's nice to know that the ATI drivers do seem bloated to other people.

sorry...i didn t mean it like that. It was a good read...its just that really...it means nuthing. The guy spent all weekend do these tests

Originally posted by bblqj78
    sorry...i didn t mean it like that. It was a good read...its just that really...it means nuthing. The guy spent all weekend do these tests
    Somebody had to do it.

Some one needs to get a live, but that was a good read .

Thankfully there is still a normal control panel version - not to mention the omegas.