View Poll Results: What do you like more for Gaming and Movies?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • CRT 21" or larger

12 66.67%
  • LCD 19" or larger

1 5.56%
  • Plasma 22" or larger

1 5.56%
  • Proyector - the size of your favorite wall or white screen

4 22.22%

Thread: What do you like more for Gaming and Movies?

What do you like more for Gaming and Movies?

Take your pick
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

^bump^

anyone?

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

ehh...seems sysopt is very quiet these days....probably all are weekend lazy.

i am kinda scared of dead pixels and the new technology

I am a CRT Fan......so get the CRT.

hmm.... yeah apparently this "Dead Pixel" problem is more common than we originally thought.

I keep hearing this a lot on the Handheld forums.

must imagine the same can happen a lot to LCD desktop uers

I'm a big CRT fan myself, I use an LCD at work but at home I'm on CRTs. The only thing I might consider going to LCD for is the size. Right now I have two 17" CRTs on my desk and they take up way too much of it.

Having said that, for normal work I would definitely say 2 17" units are better for me than a single 21" (and I have used both).
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

CRTs, I use a 19" for my DVDs and games, so 21" or better should be plenty.

Have any of you used a Projector with your PC to play games?

My buddy and i have done that, to play Halo, and man, it's simply amazing, it's as if you were actually inside the game without even using 3D glasses

CRT's for me all the way, I dont trust lcd with that dead pixel thing, I have had one customer get stinked by it allready and it really does make us who build them look bad if you never new about it that is like me

Your picking only the high end here, eh AG? Yes, some of us fall into these categories, but many don't. Just because I have a Trinitron doesn't mean you do? The poll is more useless than most opinion polls as this one doesn't even give most options.

Many will have to reply, as already has happened with a reply to clarify that they aren't on the higher end display wise.

Personally it is CRT for me - I don't like LCD's and Plasma is just too bloody expensive ATM.

projectors all the way!!! they are simply awesome

I use a 17" LCD (12ms refresh) for gaming, and after a couple of weeks getting used to it, I must admit that I wouldn't go back to CRT. I did spend plenty of time looknig to find what I needed, but i'm more than happy with it.

For watching films, I have a 23" LCD TV, fantastic sharpness, not yet tried connecting the PC up for games.The kids sometimes connect up their consoles and the quality is much better than a normal TV.
    I moved to LCD for everything just simply because of the space conventional CRT's and TV's takes up. best move I ever made.

A friend of mine has a plasma (108cm) which he uses for gaming, films etc. For films they are very good if well placed, but absolute rubbish for gaming. The picture loses it's sharpness and everyting looks a bit grainy.

I know quite a few people with big plasma's and for watching films they definitely have the edge on projesctors and widescreen tv's IMO.
    Lifes a *****, and then you marry one.

I've never seen games on a Plasma - I've seen movies, and they looked gorgeous. Still, for that kind of money - no.

CRT for myself for games and movies. If I can get a 100% assurance of no dead/semi lit pixels on a quality LCD though I would probably come around. Though cost is an issue since what it would be replacing is a Trinitron. If I was running a lower end CRT it would be easier to justify, but it isn't right now.

My Samsung was sold with my other box, so I am looking for a new monitor which will be LCD - but not on the high end since it doesn't need insane response times, a crazy native resolution or anything. Probably going to be a 17" or so. Smaller would be annoying, larger would be getting expensive.

Hey that quite an interesting review from gringo i always though a Plasma will do just like LCD or better, in games, but apparently seems to be the other way around.

Yes definitely Plasma is gorgeous for Films, definitely wins my vote over if i have to decide between LCD or Plasma

Projectors are great for Size wize (extremly frexible) but is only good for games and movies

and from what i know so far, it appears Plasma is only good for Films and applications, but not for games.

gotta have to try that some day.

so it seems like for an Overall all use, leave the LCD, if only their response times were better.

well i hope more batches of new LCD with 5ms comes out for Large screens other than 19"

I have switched completely over to LCDs now. I find them so much easier on the eyes as well as taking up a lot less space and they also are a lot brighter.
    Even my projector is LCD (NEC and bloody fantastic), although my new rear projection telly uses a DLP system.

The new LCDs have a much better record with dud pixels than they used to, and only 1 of my 3 screens has a dead pixel (off all the time so its far less visible than if it were on all the tiem).
    They are now just as good for gaming as a good crt provided you get a 12ms or less model, but even my 16ms 17" Benq panel is just fine for games. No lag at all to my eyes and I'm pretty sensitive to refresh rates and stuff. I get an instant headache if I have to watch anything less than 85Hz.
    Last edited by zybch; 03-18-2005 at 03:36 AM.

Plasma is crud for PC displays as it still uses seperatley visible red/gree/blue 'cells' next to each other rather than the sandwitched RGB layers of an LCD, so it ends up looking like a shadow-mask type display rather than each pixel beig a single colour. Not good.
    Attached Images Attached Images