Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Tech Prevents DVD Copying, Kills "Rippers"

New Tech Prevents DVD Copying, Kills "Rippers"

The technology, called "RipGuard DVD", will be licensed to the company's partners—studios that are part of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), executives told ExtremeDRM. RipGuard isn't foolproof, but the hope is that it will cut down on mainstream ripping, they said. The software will simply block rippers from working.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1764945,00.asp

Anyone remember SecuROM and RMPS? About LaserLock?

We'll let them feel smart for now

The cracks/hacks will beat the protection schemes into public domain.

Originally posted by Kil4Thril
    The cracks/hacks will beat the protection schemes into public domain.
    thats the type of scum i could do without, there the main reason why it costs so much to go see a movie.

That's not why it costs so much.

it contripuites to it, just like cracked software,, read up on it

Ultimate Member
    Theatre prices have always been at a steady increase in price. Well before dvd burners became main stream

Actors are overpaid.

Not only are they overpaid, but they shove it in your face when they appear on TV with all that bling blinging going on.

Piracy is a convenient excuse for any company (music, movie, computer, etc.) to keep their prices high. In the RIAA's case in contempt of Congress - though they've been found in contempt twice, and both times nothing happened. CD's are still bloody high cost. I wish pirating would disappear just so the slimy suckers wouldn't have a convenient excuse to hide behind citing lost sales from "independent" studies. Most assume people would buy practically everything they download - most wouldn't buy most of the stuff they download and they know it. But twisting the facts makes it sound so much better for them. I don't condone piracy, but I don't condone price fixing either (RIAA and the reason they've been hauled before Congress twice and found in contempt).

A lot of people are overpaid - not just actors and such. Just those are the most readily visible. Become a CEO and run a company into the ground, that will ensure you a large bonus. Need a recent one, look at Carly Fiorina. 3 million a year with bonuses, gets fired, gets over ten times that in the end. I don't get it - if you do such a bad job as to get fired, why should you be paid for such incompetancy? Oh wait, that is in case those who fired the CEO of whatever company get fired, they also get a nice bonus.

I only back the DVDs up.....that is allowed no?

Intimate Member
    And then there are the professional ball players!!

Many (I think) are illiterate and dope heads...yet make more than the President of this country, and in many instances...more than the CEO of a huge corporation.

I have lost all interest in professional...even some collegiate ball players. If I want to see some ball players that have their heart in the game, I go to a high school (or sand lot) game.

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    The players go for it cause the owners eventually cave, owners don't have to pay if they stood there ground but its a toy and they don't care how much they spend, their fault.

Pretty soon the new dvd players will be coming out that won't play previous movies you bought changing the industry and causing alot of hostility.

Believe the music industry has been making good money of late showing that the illegal d/l hasn't really put that big a dent in there pockets.

Originally posted by CrazyCrusher
    thats the type of scum i could do without, there the main reason why it costs so much to go see a movie.
    I hope that wasn't directed at ME, per se, but the actual hackers. It's just sad that the software will be cracked (probably by a company employee) before it hits the market.

Originally posted by porsch1909
    I only back the DVDs up.....that is allowed no?
    Nope that is illegal because you are breaking a form of digital copyright protection.

I've said plenty on this subject before so i'm not going to excesively repeat myself.

read the later part of this post and save me sounding off again.

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...42142#post1242