Thread: Congress proposes tax on all Net, data connections

Congress proposes tax on all Net, data connections

OH how the great amercains get screwd every which way but sunday by there own gov when it comes to tax. how can they take all this bs and not do anything about it.

http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-5555385.html

3% tax on a fifty dollar a month bill = not very much money. (1.50 USD)

not very much is true, but gezz when do they ever stop, thats why you lot get hammerd so much over here because you dont ever do anything about it before it becomes a problems, its only a 1.50 but what happens when they see that people are not complaining, it goes to 2.00 then 3.00. it always starts if low and then before you know it your paying up the wazoo for it.

True.

Another way of getting money for nothing.

Not much, no, but you have to figure in they have already taxed you on the total amount you made to begin with.

Add on all the taxes you pay on what you spend from what you have left that you already paid tax on once anyway.

I have a household budget, if im short I have to cut spending, not go rob the neighbor.

I'd like to see everyone in congress spontaneously combust!!!!

So would osama he is wanted.

Taxes and death.. you are welcome to them - more workload for the poor old isp's. By rule of thumb this should come to UK in some 10 years or so.

If you calculate it right, the average American works nearly 3.5 months of the year for nothing, after tax of course, oh and lets not forget that insurance, Crazy Crazy, not being an American and living here with my wife I don’t know how they have taken this and not done a thing about it. its utter madness that **** wouldn’t fly in Ireland that’s for sure. Love this country but do I feel sorry for the poor people you bet I do<---me being one of them

Originally posted by CrazyCrusher
    its utter madness that **** wouldn’t fly in Ireland that’s for sure. Love this country but do I feel sorry for the poor people you bet I do<---me being one of them
    how long has it been since you lived in Eire?

things are pretty **** here too, let me tell you.

There's good and bad everywhere though I suppose.

but when you're paying your $1.50 on your broadband connection think about us poor guys in Ireland who are paying over $60 per month for a 512kbps (there are only a tiny portion of home users with a connection faster than this here, as anything faster is not widely available yet) with (wait for it) a 16gb cap.

Not to mention that we can't get BB without a wired analogue land line which is about $40 per month even if you don't make a single call.

and then there's the cheap gas you guys have etc. etc. etc.
    ***viBe***
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

well I was home 2 years ago, talk to my bro online every night if thats counts but ye I know Internet In ireland is on the high end, but trust me come over here and live for a while and you will know what im talking about, in all honesty and im not just saying this but they get @#$#$ over here, I have lived in Ireland born there, when I moved here I honestly didnt know how good I had it in Ireland and thats the truth, ye gas is alot, its always been like that though so I was use to it, our computer parts over here are alot cheaper though so I guess that makes up for some of it

Im going home in 2 months with the kids and the wife, man am I looking forward to seeing my family.

Tax Freedom Day for most Americans.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxfreedomday.html

VERY interesting link, nice charts.

Didnt realize I was working that much to gain nothing.

ah well. i guess we're all getting screwed then! but hasn't it always been the same?

the cold hard truth though is that nobody is forcing anyone to stay where they are. not in ireland, the US, the UK or anywhere else for that matter (with a few extremist govt. exceptions) but we put up with it because it's where we want to be, and for that you pay a price.

there are places you could go if you really wanted to. places where there are no taxes, but those places aren't on a par with the places where we get shafted on tax.
    ***viBe***
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein