Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hand Guns ......

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

Hand Guns ......

Whats the Difference with the calibre in hand guns ? say between 9mm & .45 ?

I guess thats .45 of a inch ....... Umm

Which is the worst kind to be hit by ?

Are ya allowed Fully automatics these days ?

Can I have one of these .......... Dunno how much they are tho

Heckler-Koch MARK 23 .45 AUTO
    The HK MARK 23 Pistol gives shooters match grade accuracy equal to that of the finest custom made handguns –yet they exceed the most stringent operational requirements ever demanded of a combat handgun. One of the most thoroughly tested handguns in history, the MK23/MARK 23 project, originated in 1991 when HK began development for the U.S. Special Operations Command, the unit that directs the activities of America's most elite military units, including the Navy SEALs and the Army Special Forces. On May 1, 1996, the first MK23 Pistols were delivered to the U.S. Special Operations Command for operational deployment.

MARK 23 FEATURES:
    * HK polygonal bore profile increases muzzle velocity, service life and eases cleaning.
    * An innovative design feature found on both the MARK 23 and USP TACTICAL Pistol is a high temperature rubber O-ring that seals and centers the barrel in the slide until unlocking of the barrel. The O-ring has a significant effect on accuracy, lasts more 20.000 rounds, and can be replaced without tools in seconds.
    * Molded into the frame are special accessory grooves for attaching a light or laser aimer.
    * A threaded insert in the trigger guard is used to secure accessories to the pistol.
    * USP-type mechanical recoil reduction system reduces recoil forces to shooter and components.
    * 12-round magazine.
    * The weapon is aimed using either iron sights or an optional laser aiming module. The iron sights provide a 3-dot sight picture with white or optional self-luminous tritium dots.
    * Even with the safety lever engaged, slide can still be manipulated to load and clear the pistol.
    * The extended slide release lever and the ambidextrous magazine release are easily actuated without re-adjustment of the firing grip using the firing hand thumb or index finger.
    * Lanyard loop.

Intimate Member
    Caliber is a measurement of bullet diameter.

.22 .45...30 cal...50 cal...90 mm, 157 Howitzer etc.

The law in the US prohibits full auto to the ordinary citizen. If an individual has a Federal Firearms license, he/she can buy/sell full auto.. (unless the rules have been changed in the last few years).

A .45 will stop the average person if they are close enough and hit in the leg. A 9mm will stop a person at a greater distance due to the speed/shock of the projectile. (this is considering that the individual being shot is not high on coke, etc. If so..then all bets are off)!

The magnum cartridges have both the knock down power (.44/.45) and the speed + of a 9.mm).

High velocity bullets kill by shock, low velocity but large/heavy bullets stop an individual from the shear power of the mass hitting them.

Is there any kind of standard in ammo for these things ..... say all 9mm shells will fit (if ya gotta 9mm weapon O' course) ?

Or is it like everthing else in the world...... Ya buy a 'Acme Guns Inc' weapon, so ya gotta go to Acme for ya ammo ?

Intimate Member
    A 9mm automatic takes one kind of cartridge.

A 9mm revolver (6-shooter) takes a different kind.

AFAIK the cartridges are standard...at least in the US...what you may have in the UK may be different.

I have a 9mm P-08 German Luger... I can buy over the counter 9mm ammo anywhere in the US and it is the same. I tend to think there is a "standard"...but, I am not sure if all countries follow the standard...one reason being..in war time, the defenders sure don't want the aggressors to over run their defenses and acquire a train load of usable ammo.
    Last edited by Bovon; 01-12-2005 at 09:55 PM.

I think I might need a lil training up on firearms......... I'd probably end up dropping it on my foot ............. Or accidentaly discharging it in Mirelands direction

Originally posted by j.m@talk
    I think I might need a lil training up on firearms......... I'd probably end up dropping it on my foot ............. Or accidentaly discharging it in Mirelands direction

I wouldn't trust you with a cork gun...

lets play some counter strike now

Good gun control is a pattern the size of a dime

in the most simplistic terms....

The "real" difference between a .45 gal and a 9mm ( in practical terms anyway) is magazine capacity and knockdown power.

.45ACP (auto) has a lower magazine capacity (7-12 rounds max depending on manufacturer) but a higher "knockdown" power comared to a 9mm. The 9mm may have a magazine capacity of 21 rounds or more.
    Last edited by 2penguins; 01-13-2005 at 12:15 AM.

the oozy is sw33t

45cal = knock em down

9mm = slow em down

44mag = Run Forest Run
    (i had a couple of these. they aren't even fun to shoot)

How much recoil could I expect from the H&K .45 I posted ?

Anyone know how much they cost ?

Woo & what kind of a usefull range do the .45's have ?

You been watching too much news? Gun crime is on the increase 'n all.

Originally posted by j.m@talk
    How much recoil could I expect from the H&K .45 I posted ?

Anyone know how much they cost ?

Woo & what kind of a usefull range do the .45's have ?

The recoil is negligable because most of the recoil is absorbed in the operation of the autoload system.

They cost a bunch on the street from Leroy!

The .45 APC is really effective in a phone booth.

"Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Quick search on the H&K - preowned $1750.00 USD

If money is a real issue, look at Ruger. They make some nice/very simple/easy to use pistols.

I had a matching pair 9mm & 45cal.

NEVER SHOOT THEM AT THE SAME TIME.

A 45cal will have more than enough range to defend yourself....