Thread: Unknown video capture card? Need drivers.

Unknown video capture card? Need drivers.

I have a capture card with the intel i750 chipset on it. Other numbers like PB 621056-003 also present. This an older capture card that I would like to get the drivers for. Does anybody know how I can find out what kind of card this is or where the driver might be? Intel wedsite was not too helpful.
    Suggestions welcome.

Get the FCC number off the card and go to the FCC's webpage and do a search for that number. It should tell you who made the card so you can get the drivers from windrivers.com or one of the other driver sites on the web. I think windrivers.com might even have the fcc search feature on their web page.

Thanks for the help Grizo. I found out that the discription of this card is really a "video recorder card". Is that different from a video capture card? The reason why I asked is that my daughters computer video capture is bad and I found this card laying around. It has s-video and composite video input jacks only. I don't know if it the same. Sorry for the ignorance but these cards are new to me.

I've never heard of one being called a video recorder card before but it will probably work if you can find the drivers for it. The only capture cards that I've ever really dealt with are the miro video cards fro Pinnacle. But these are the cards that capture and edit professional level video and run $700+ for the card and the editing software. If all you want to do is get the video into the computer and don't plan on putting it back onto tape it should work fine as long as it is compatible with the capture/editing software.

At Sound Blaster's site they show technical info about one of their cards, which has the i750 chip on it. Try looking around there for some drivers.

www.creative-labs.co.uk/techknow/video/rt300/rt300_general_specs.htm

If you can get any numbers off the card, ie serial number or model number you can go to www.windrivers.com or www.drivershq.com and normally get the particulars and drivers for it. Luck to ya.