Thread: keep and eye open for this malware program...suspicious..

keep and eye open for this malware program...suspicious..

Like many of you who go to sites or hear about some great program to get on the internet,,its alaways best to make sure you read what all is INCORPORATED with the program....

A friend gave me some cool screensaver porgrams to run and I went ahead and downloaded these from this site and for some reason..never could get them to work properly..,but thats another isssue unrelated...

The main thrust of this is that I hae noticed about 13-14 malware ( another word for spyware ) when I ran Ad Aware 6.0 ..and usually I get none or have gotten none for some time now...

I also opened my running processes box and found that a certain program ..which has got to be the culprit was running at least seven difernt times in the listing....

The name of the program is Windows Control AD and so i looked up what it was under details ( AA 6.0 ) and found that it is a program thjat runs and has permission to get info about your self and can at any time invade your computer for purposes of there own statistics or whatever....
    How crass is that .... ??

This is not new info for many as for some reason our government and internet industry allows for such things and personally it offends me deeply.

Believe it or not ,my computer has been a bit slower and has acted up for whatever reasons and now it seems to ve running better already... God knows what that kind of invasion tool can do.

What really irks me is that when you go to uninstall it it has this message making you feel like this is something that you shlould keep and why it is a needed service. BULLBUCKY ON THAT!

Nobody in their right mind who knows about computer related issues has any need for ANY type of spyware regardless of what they bost and says it does....

Just beware....

Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Nothing is free. If you want spyware-free programs, try paying for them or asking people [who know what malware is] where good free stuff can be obtained.
    Last edited by BipolarBill; 12-29-2004 at 12:32 AM.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Every freeware has the potential for “Junk”. But there things that are more notorious then the other.

Small utilities or specialty programs that are mainly indented for “Geeks” are usually clean since they target small group of audience.

However most of the Staff that is targeted toward large groups of audience, like screen saver, music files, movies, file exchange programs, etc. are usually loaded.

P.S. A good rule of thumb. The less clothing on the people in the File/Program/Application the more is the probability of major “Junk”.

I have even come across "open source" programs that were rife with scumware, and though it is rare, it may be a sign of things to come.