Thread: New Case?

New Case?

first off, i apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. i currently have a chieftec case with 2 80mm exhaust fans, my power supply fan and a pci slot exhaust fan blowing out the hot air. i am getting temps around 42 celsius idle(checked in bios) for my P4 3.0ghz and 33 celsius idle(checked in bios) for my case. although these are decent temps i am pondering whether or not to buy another case, so i thought i would ask around and what a better place to ask then here. the case i'm thinking of buying is here.
    do you guys think this will lower my temps any and do you think it's worth the money to purchase this? thanks.

No offense, but what the HELL is that thing!? There' s a tube going through the center of the case and connecting the fans. If anything that case would make the case heat faster because the fans are just sucking in and blowing out their own air, not cold air in-->hot out.

You should have looked deeper , L.A., it does flow across the cpu and chipset.
    http://www.aerocool.us/case/spiral-g...l-galaxies.htm

It is different for an ATX, having similiar tech as the new BTX cooling methods. The cards and drives use the psu fan to exhaust. The cpu/chipset uses the straight thru tunnel.
    I haven't seen any reviews , nor tried it myself, but it does seem it would do a fair job at cooling. I wouldn't buy without the aid of several respected reviews though.

good point, i am thinking of holding off and maybe just going the watercooling way, maybe the dangerden intro kit with some different tubing, anyone that has watercooled their pc i wouldn't mind hearing how dangerdens products are or if there is a better one on the market. i'm not looking to spend a whole lot, so price is definitely a factor.

I still don't see how it would cool the CPU and Chipset. I thought those were supposed to be near the top of the board not the bottom (I don't know about new boards), is it also an open tunnel? It looked like it was sealed from the pictures it showed.

P.S. It just looks like a really wierd case to me

Take a look at the new BTX systems coming, and you'll see the similarities...
    http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...&highlight=BTX

Oh, and check your PM's

well i am kind of torn between two watercooling kits, i need some opinions, a few good ones and i will definitely order which is the better one in your opinion(s).

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...2&cat=2&page=1
    or
    http://www.thermaltake.com/watercool...r/cl-w0005.htm

Why not start out with a couple intake fans? You state you have exhaust but no intake. Does your PSU have fans on it?

yeah my psu has fans on it and i have 2 intake fans but they aren't turned on

Sorry for the 2nd post, but what do you guys recommend I do, turn on the 2 intake fans and see what happens or do something different?
    Last edited by 1LLic1T; 12-27-2004 at 01:02 AM.

I have the SILVERSTONE TEMJIN seen

here

Same concept only outside/cool air flowing over the heat sink and fan. I have a K8N Neo Platinum and a ZALMAN CNPS7000B for a heat sink. The Tube had to be cut in one spot for installation of the Heatsink. My memory banks are at the top of the board. Since you install the board upside down in this case that puts the memory banks on the bottom. THis case is the largest I have ever had and I like it very much.
    AMD 2500 (Barton)
    Asus A7V600
    2x SATA Seagate 120 Gs Raid 0
    2 x 512 M Geil Golden Dragon PC3200
    Saphire 9800 Pro
    MSI CD/RW
    Sony DVD
    Chenbro Spider W/Raidmax 400 W

i went with this case here instead

:/ That earlier case looked pretty sweet. Seemed simpler. But I have no clue which one cools better or would be easier to use, so i guess it's just a personal preference.

Got my Antec P160 yesterday, got everything installed and I must say it does a pretty decent job of cooling with 2 fans, but those 2 120mm fans are almost silent. It's unreal how a fan that big can push that much air and be that quiet. I have to put my ear to my case to hear it running, I love it. I definitely recommend to anyone in the market for a new case.

You should have looked deeper , L.A., it does flow across the cpu and chipset.
    http://www.aerocool.us/case/spiral-...al-galaxies.htm

It is different for an ATX, having similiar tech as the new BTX cooling methods. The cards and drives use the psu fan to exhaust. The cpu/chipset uses the straight thru tunnel.
    I haven't seen any reviews , nor tried it myself, but it does seem it would do a fair job at cooling. I wouldn't buy without the aid of several respected reviews though.

When they flipped the Motherboard over they created a new problem....The power connector on the motherboard is now on the very bottom of the case and the PSU is in the very top.
    Most PSU manufacturers Keep the 20 pin plug lead short because according to ATX formfactor the socket is at the top of the motherboard....
    The leads will be too short to plug into the motherboard.