Thread: LCD Monitor

LCD Monitor

Ok, I have been doing some research on gaming LCDs...I won't actually be purchasing one for another two months, but I was wondering if anyone on here had purchased or seen this monitor...

Philips 19 inch 12ms

It is like $370 on tigerdirect...and I will be looking around for other prices as well...but does anyone else know of any other 19 inch LCD gaming monitors for around $400?

Of course, maybe some of them will drop enough in the next two months as well...just wanted to get some impressions so far.

Philips is seemingly the only 19" that I can find that advertises a < 16ms response time. I'd be wary of buying in to this at first. I've seen 16ms monitors that ghost like no other. I'd try and find good solid reviews on it before investing. If they turn out to be good, go for it...it's a great deal for that size monitor.

If not...gaming LCD's are really hard to find....cheap..

-B
    Live by it: RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

What kind of gaming will you be doing? I have a 19" Benq that I got from newegg and it works great in games like GTA3, Farcry and Myst IV. I've also run some Tom Clancy stuff and never had a bit of ghosting. Not sure of the refresh, but it's a good monitor.

Is it this one?

I have been really considering this monitor...it is a 16ms response time...but I am still a little bit wary of it...although the price is really what I am looking for.

Gaming wise...I play HL2, Doom 3, Farcry, CS: Source, Warcraft 3...pretty much all FPS games.

That one is similar, they don't have the same exact model I got, but I'm sure that other than the outsides, it's prolly the same inside.