Thread: Setup to test components

Setup to test components

Hello folks. Good Morning, I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction where I can find info on how to set up a testbed so that whenever I want to build a computer I can check to make sure that the parts are okay and will work before installing them in a case. This way I can save myself some headaches before starting to build.

In other words I would like to connect the parts outside the case before they go inside

Thanks for any help
    Get up just to get down...be on even keel

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    You can't do it that way. Every part is interdependant on all the other parts in a case. You can test a part in another system and it works fine then install it in a new system and it won't work. It happens all the time.

To build on Sterling's thoughts, your test bed is going to vary as much as a product selection at newegg. AMD/Intel? Socket type? Memory type? Desktop/Server/Laptop? Which OS's will you be building in? A testbed may be the size of a cuttingboard...the components/tools/software you need to 'carry' could fill a warehouse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

98.643% (or higher) of the time new parts will work.....Testing them outside the case - taking it all apart and then putting in the case could cause more harm....
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Thank you guys for your responses and information. It is really appreciated.
    Get up just to get down...be on even keel