Thread: [Postal 2] Banned in New Zealand

[Postal 2] Banned in New Zealand

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11...c&subj=6114067

After a year-long investigation, the NZ government deems possession of Running With Scissors' shooter a crime punishable by up to $1,400 in fines.

WHOA! I've never been a fan of violent games but thay just went waaaaay too over-the-top with this move.

Over reaction or what!

Go develop a sence of humour for crying out loud.

I bet they allow The GTA series though!

wow what great advertisement. I wonder how many New Zealanders had never heard of this game before now and now have developed an interest in it. If I lived there I'd order a copy immediately. I already own it...I liked it alot. If any of you from NZ want it its yours but you will be responsible for posting your own bail

Postal 2 was one of the few FPS games I've enjoyed. I bought the MP expansion when that came out for 10 bucks also. It was okay, but I'm not a big fan of multiplayer FPS games. The single play was fun though.

Lieberman wanted to ban the original Postal, and the USPS tried to sue them over the name of the game.

yeah - so censorship is lousy and now the black market sales will take off, whatever.....

I don't agree with NZ and they obviously are targeting the retailers, but in my view game developers who build this kind of stuff have nothing to be proud of either - they can direct their talents elsewhere and still build a good game.

Boy - I'll bet this post will prompt some remarks, but no reason for me to debate so won't be back - bye