Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Mouse!

Crazy Mouse!

I turn on the comp, and the next thing i know, when i move the mouse around it jumps all over the screen from side to side, clicks on everything, selects all programs, files, folders, etc and opens them up as well???

What is it? a virus, my panda anti-virus did not detect anything, do you recommend another program for viruses, or is there a known solution to this?

Thank You!
    -AlBERT

if it is a opitcal use a mouse pad, or the laser in the mouse it going bad, or if it is a ball mouse clean the little rollers in side the mouse

Could be that the mouse took a hard hit somehow and got itself scrambled. We've had it happen at work, so we simply toss the mouse and buy a new one, they are liks candy now.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Delete the mouse in device manager, then reboot and let Windows reload the drivers.

Hmm...the mouse cannot move about on its own opening programs , files and folders...maybe its a prank program .

Check your Startup folder just to be sure....

First question should be, is this a new mouse? If so, what kind?

I have seen the same such behaviour on a few of mine with the micro mice with double the scanning resolution. Upon boot of the o/s, the pointer just goes ballistic, all over, things open up, real mess.

If thats not the case and its an optical, check the batteries, when they get low it causes that as wel.l

Actually, what i did was re-install windows, even during the installation process the mouse went crazy and than just disappeared, untill restarting, and when i started using the comp, it went fine for a while but than all of a sudden it starts again, so i donno what to really do?
    -AlBERT

Well that would scratch my idea...time for another mouse .

Hmmm so there is no chance that some how perhaps the port is damaged or something extrem like that?>

I did a virus scan and nothing came up???
    -AlBERT

Not unless you forgot to tell us something like...someone yanked the mouse cord from the pc or something.
    Reformatting was a bit extreme...you could just borrow a mouse to try if you don't trust the opinions offered.

Just remove the mouse from Device Manager and any software from Add/Remove programs. Turn off the pc . Plug in the new or borrowed , and restart. Let Windows intall the standard mouse driver. You don't need any extra software to operate a mouse. See what happens...
    Last edited by Rocketmech; 11-26-2004 at 12:46 PM.

Nothing seems to work! I've downloaded a demo version of Panda anti-virus 2005 updated it and did a full scan, it found 100 viruses, and disinfected 91, which is good! Most were Ad-Ware, and I uninstalled the mouse from the system properties panel, i also restarted the system with diagnostic selction from the system diagnostics configuration...and nothing, mouse is slow, and it moves only horizontally and not vertically......

i hope things don't come down to me changing my motherboard, cause that will suck!!!

ALL MOUSE EXPERS INVITED!

P.S. I got a new mouse, this is the one im using now, and it's the same as the old one!
    -AlBERT

us your opical mouse on a glass surface becuase it will do that if it is on a glass surface, put it on a mouse pad, and if that that helps

Originally posted by *TeKKeD*

P.S. I got a new mouse, this is the one im using now, and it's the same as the old one!
    Hey thats sounds like the lyrics of a Who song.

Did you mean you have a new mouse and the problem still occurs or .....

See if the mouse works in Safe Mode- normal.

While in Safe Mode:

Scan with Panda , AntiVir and Ad-Aware SE or Spybot . Fix what it finds. What it cannot fix or delete , you will have to do that manually.
    Disable all entries in the Startup Tab in msconfig, except those for 1 of the AV's .

Restart in Normal Mode . Check the Startup Tab again that all entries are disabled except the AV's. If anything is different , let us know.

Use this link for the software you don't have : http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...hreadid=168820

Ok thanks Rocketmech that seems to have done the job, atleast for now, it's still a little shaky, like it will move on it's own, without my hand actually being on it, but for now, it seems usuable, thanks for all the help!

I HATE SPY-WARE!
    -AlBERT