Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Half Life 2?

Got Half Life 2?

The steam copies will be unlocked in a matter of minutes, i'll be posting my first early morning reactions to the game.

Can you post some in game screen shots? All the ones I've seen don't seem to be during game play.

Sure thing, i'd be happy to, just probably tomorrow (today) at a later time, awfully late on the east coast right now

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...reenindex.html

There's pretty much the biggest collection of HL2 screenshots I could find in the meantime though.

Cool. Looks like gamespot has a bunch of in game shots, thanks mjc. I think I’ll need a new vc to play that. My faithful Ti4600 will choke in that game. I could probably run it smooth but with pixilation of some graphics and at a crappy resolution.

Lodge,

For the price of a 9800P nowadays, the game really looks nice...i'm running 1024, 2xaa, af, everything on high, and it runs VERY nice...

Kudos to ValvE on the great release, i'm absolutely loving it:

here's a few shots of my own from the game:

http://users.wpi.edu/~mattc/images/

Those are some nice shots. I tell ya, the more I look at these pics the more depressed I get.

I’m actually waiting for the 6800gt to become available again. Every place I’ve looked is sold out. Bestbuy had the bfg 6800gt oc for $400. It said available on their website. I was getting all excited, but then looked for availability at local and somewhat local stores and they were all out. I kind a want to get the gainward golden sample one anyway.

I've got a Ti4600 and it was adequeate for Doom3 so I'm sure it'll be fine for HL2.

I'm not going to upgrade until its absolutely necessary.

Got my copy of HL2 through the post today, christ the box is bare! There's 1 DVD and 1 piece of paper with minimal instructions in it.

Thanks!

Shame I won't get to play it till tomorrow though

I live on the East coast and i stayed up all night waiting for this bad boy and man o man was it worth it.

This game is everything you ever wanted and more. Graphics are unheard of, and.. and.. I have to go back to playing it!
    MY POTM BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!

I was just looking at my email and came across a more updated review from the people at IGN.com and one guy got to play the game before the actual release date..and he stated this game is simply the best first person shooter type to date period..and praised the graphics as being the best to date also...

The more I read and see from the screenshots and all ..the more I am excited that Valve did not dissapoint and delivered bigtime....well worth the wait for those who finally get the game.

Some might think I am a dummy for not getting this game this month..as I found out I do have the money..but it would take almost all of my reserve funds I need to run on towards the end of the month..so I just got a cheaper game that is already out for now.

Most likely..I will get this next month as I usually always wait at least that long anyway....

Undoubtedly the best $50.00 game to date and well worth the wait and money spent.

Have fun guys..
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

wow.... amazing... absolutely amazing

I also read the IGN review calling the game the best of the best...while its too early for me to make that statement for myself, it sure is well on its way.

I am so excited. It better have come today!!

What setting did you run those screenies are MJC

I think those graphics are well better than doom 3!!

my copy is unlocking now, but I cant play it till I come home from work, argg

I'm certainly hoping its better than Doom 3

I got bored of that about half way through

(Still an awesome game though)

Can't wait!

I think its way better so far, but thats just me and my bias talking Just taking in the atmosphere of the game is awesome in itself.