Thread: Final Hours of Half-Life 2

Final Hours of Half-Life 2

http://www.gamespot.com/features/fin...ser/index.html

Looks like it'll be a very interesting article when Gamespot unveils it later today.

All I can say is all you people will be going bonkers when Tuesday arrives and its made available to the public........

Too bad for me as I want this like everyone else..but i probably won't be getting it till January of next year.....

This forum is going to light up after everybody has it..just like it did when Doom 3 came out...Look out world...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

This game is looking very promising. I've got the preload done and have been playing with Counter-Strike: Source to get an idea on how the game will handle. So far I am liking it quite a bit.

I would have probably been excited for the Halo 2 release, but that is console only, and I don't plan on paying to play online, nor spend $100.00+ on an Xbox to boot. Instead I picked up Halo 1 for the PC for $24.99 and played that this weekend.

I downloaded the Doom 3 demo (I'll always download the demo if possible after getting burned on a few PC games, most notably Battlefield: Vietnam) and the graphics are really good, but the gameplay was a let down for me. Even if Half-Life 2 ends up being a let down, I can't wait to play the original Half-Life with the new Source engine. That in itself would be worth the $59.00 to me.

"OK, you think to yourself, maybe Valve really is within hours of finishing the five-year, $40 million odyssey that is Half-Life 2's development."

40 millionen . . . jesus . . . . did a game ever cost that much?!
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Originally posted by germanNiklas
    "OK, you think to yourself, maybe Valve really is within hours of finishing the five-year, $40 million odyssey that is Half-Life 2's development."

40 millionen . . . jesus . . . . did a game ever cost that much?!
    They can spend that much because they know they will make $100million in the first day
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Originally posted by BadBadNeil
    They can spend that much because they know they will make $100million in the first day
    yeah said that to a friend of mine too but 40 million thats ALOT

some good films cost less
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Movie companies get raped too because they gotta pay Mr. Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks $30million/movie

Luckily games don't have any movie stars in them or the costs would be even higher!
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com