Can't get rid of Bogus dialler
I have a broadband internet connection and have noticed a bogus dialler in my network connections which i have tried to get rid of using Ad-aware and Spybot. I have looked thru the services and cannot see anything obviously suspicious. I have searched the registry no luck. The only thing which i did was delete what i think was an associated process that i haven't seen before. But still i couldn't get rid of it, its status remained at connecting or trying to connect. When i disconnected and tried reconnecting it blocked any subsequent attempt at reconnecting to the internet thru my normal connection. Any ideas on how to disable or stop this from happening again. The only way i got around it was to reboot.
can you post a screenshot of the dialer in your network connections?
I know you tried adaware and spybot, but did you run them in safe mode? If not, update the programs, and try to run them again, also, give this program a try too:
PestPatrol is the best at preventing war diallers from installing. If a war dialler is present prior to PP being installed, PP will remove it and more without any problems. PP V5 has just come out and is $39.95.
Nothing comes close to PP. This is all I use.
Thanks guys, and will give pestpatrol a go
If XP or Me delete your "Disable restore" , then clean it in safe mode.
Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
SafeSearch is off
AntiVir has an extra Dialer feature , give it a try, its free.
New Security Features Planned for Firefox 4
Another Laptop Theft Exposes 21K Patients' Data
Oracle Hits to Road to Pitch Data Center Plans
Microsoft Preps Array of Windows Patches
Microsoft Nears IE9 Beta With Final Preview
Simplified Analytics Improve CRM, BI Tools
Android Passes RIM as Top Mobile OS in 2Q
VMware Updates Hyperic System Management
File Monitoring Key to Enterprise Security
LinkedIn Snaps Up SaaS Player mSpoke