Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Half Life 2 Selling Out

Half Life 2 Selling Out

http://www.golem.de/0411/34604.html
    http://world.altavista.com/

Half Life 2 - First charge already sold out

VU Games already started reproduction before release

Seven days before the official release on November 16th 2004, the shooter Half-Life 2 is already sold out according to Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games). The cause of that are a few hundredthousand preorders, which exceeded the initial expectations, said the publisher.

The second charge of Half-Life 2 is already in Production. "Many of our customers have raised their orders again during the last few days", says Thomas Mohlen, the sales manager of VU Games Germany. They try to cover all orders in time with the second charge.

Delivery shouldn't be a problem for those with broadband internet though, as Half-Life 2 developer Valve Software is planning to release the game at the same time online via Steam.

I better pre order mine. I was just going to go into a shop and buy it!!

ordered my cope 5 months ago or so
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Its just more reasons to purchase via Steam IMO.

Hope I'm one of the first to start the download... can't imagine what kind of connection Steams going to need to accomidate all the people who opt to download. lol

pre-load my friend, pre-load
    MY POTM BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!

Originally posted by Death To Mel
    Hope I'm one of the first to start the download... can't imagine what kind of connection Steams going to need to accomidate all the people who opt to download. lol
    Yup, you should start preloading now if you already haven't...i already have about 5 gigs worth of HL2 on my computer...and if you try to download all that on november 16th, you'll be waiting forever due to demand on the steam servers...the people who have preloaded will have a minimal amount of data to download on the 16th.

If I were getting HL2 (which I'm not), I would want a hard copy of it. I'm not too keen on Steam (hey that rhymes ). Over here though, I doubt we will have problems with availability.

Why would you want a hard copy? Just curious, because Steam also has a new backup feature go burn off your steam HL2 files, so you have a hard copy in effect. But then again, the whole point of steam is to not need things like cd's and keys, etc.

It's finally coming.

I bought my graphics card last November. Now, I finally get to use that voucher.

Originally posted by MJCfromCT
    Why would you want a hard copy? Just curious, because Steam also has a new backup feature go burn off your steam HL2 files, so you have a hard copy in effect. But then again, the whole point of steam is to not need things like cd's and keys, etc.
    I dunno, I guess I'm paranoid that if somehow Steam bit the dust (whether temporary or permanently) I couldn't have access to my game.

I think you will only need the internet to activate your copy.

http://www.steampowered.com/index.ph...15714,91503900

yes i know its stupid but im thinking the same way i dont trust steam that much

i cud enver dl a game i just need that box
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Steam is perfectly fine nowadays, it wasn't a year or so ago whenever it was just beta software, that is when it developed its reputation. Now steam is supported by numerous high-speed servers all over the world. If they were able to handle the demand when CS: S came out, they'll be able to do so when HL: 2 is released. Of course, everyone would be best off if they get the game through Steam, and start to preload now. That way you'll just have to download a few megs of new files instead of 5 gigs of new data.

How do I start pre-downloading it? Do I just download the steam software and hit download somewhere? Thanks.