Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aquarious II

Aquarious II

hey all well i have a thermal take aquarious 2 water cooling setup and well im looking for better was to improve it's cooling ability and well i put in a resevour thinking it will allow the water longer to cool down a bit before hitting the radiator but na that didn't help much at all. and now my next step is maybe a second radiator and was wondering if it will help much or a lot.

also is it better to have the radiator being the last thing the water goes through to get to the cpu??? or can it be better to have it straight after the CPU stage??? thanx everyone

It all depends on what you are cooling. Is this a super computer with 1500 AMD 3400" 64bit cpus or an overclocked 8088.

sorry it's a 2400+ with FSB 200x11 = 2200mhz

It won't help to add more radiators unless the water is getting too hot. What is the water temperature at a full load?

how else would the CPU temp rise if the water wasn't getting hotter i thought lower water temps = lower CPU temp and adding radiators would lower water temps no????

and i dont know the actual water temps how do i find that out???

Stick you tongue on it. You'll know.

I doubt switching from water cooling to air cooling is going to help much. I wouldn't worry about it though. The way your cranking that poor CPU it won't last much longer anyway.

Originally posted by ukulele
    Stick you tongue on it. You'll know.
    LOL fair enough.

The CPU aint cranked up that much only 200mhz, can go another 175mhz but then the voltage has to be upped a bit and well it's hot enough as it is i think

and yeah im going Athlon 64 next year probably 3800+ casue im waiting till DDR 2 and PCI X-press to come into the picture more, lol and they are taking their time it's killing me

Is that CPU a Sempron? The water temp isn't going to make a whole lot of difference if it just getting warm. The cpu temp is what you want to watch. If the water is getting hot then the cooling system is not working too well. If that CPU was designed to run at 133 then 200 is too much.
    Last edited by ukulele; 09-28-2004 at 01:32 PM.

Nope not a sempron just a good old XP and yeah it is a 133 FSB chip

would there be a difference in CPU temps between

10x200 = 2000 mhz
    or
    15x133 = 2000 mhz

?????

i never thought a higher FSB but still the same Mhz would create higher temps

I build for stability not speed. You should ask the question in the overclockers forum. In my opinion you are pushing your luck or just bragging or both.

lol who would brag about a year and a half old overclocked XP 2400+??? it's nothing special

and i dont think a mild 200mhz overclock is pushing my luck it's been doing it for about 9 months solid now with no problems, it's just we are getting into summer now and looking for ways to improve the watercooling setup slightly thats all. but maybe i should just pull it out from desk so it can get a bit of cooler air maybe

Going from 133 mhz to 200 mhz is a 75% overclock. I'd like to see it go another 175 MHZ. LOL

Here's a good article:
    http://www.overclockers.com/articles1088/

to improve your cooling, you should either get a larger/faster fan, larger radiator, or higher flow pump.

Still looking for the article that said what made the most impact, but I figure the fan would be the cheapest.