Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: where do you live and why...

Dacono, Colorado - USA

Why: Small inexpensive city just north of Denver. I hate it, but my wife grew up here and wanted to live here.
    -- Mathias

Just outside the Hague, Holland

Moved to Holland from Berkshire England for work 18 years ago in the flower export business, and expected to be back to set up my own businees after about two years.

18 years later, wife and two kids, and still here.

Great people, great lifestyle but not enough room. Roads too crowded, and not enough living space.

Northern suburbs of Chicago. My Father inheritted a machine sales company and grew up on a private lane in a 1.8mil. home.
    Then came the 70's crunch and the company went belly-up.

Have 3 brother's and cousin's here and we have good times together as well as mutual friends.
    We brothers are all in the trades and the money is adequate to meet my needs. Spent years spinning out of control with alcohol, until I found some meds that worked and now trying to make up for lost time with my 'sweetie'
    Last edited by Prushka; 09-18-2004 at 04:26 PM.

One hour to the Northwest of Medellin, Colombia S.A. Beautiful, lush green countryside in a private condominium with 24/7 gate guarded community. My wife is Colombian, I'm....hmmm...semi-retired, own a couple small businesses here. We are constructing a new brick and wood (real hardwood) 3,000 sq. ft. house on 3 acres. The house here will cost us about $35,000. USD and the property with 15 fruit trees, utilities and leveled for a house for $25,000. USD......Our maintenance for 24 hr. guard, water and grounds keeping costs us $20. per mo. Our full time caretaker is $125. per mo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Portland, TX

I'm here because my parent move here when I was 10 plain and simple. I really hate it here hehe, but we are moving to Richmond, Virgina. And now I'm going to college first year.

Los Angeles, California

I was born here and am currently in High School and I can't go anywhere, but I don't want to, I LOVE THIS CITY
    P4 3.0Ghz
    512 DDR
    80 Gig
    GeFource Fx 5900
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    Creative 6.1 6600

Whats not to love

Originally posted by Billforce
    One hour to the Northwest of Medellin, Colombia S.A. Beautiful, lush green countryside in a private condominium with 24/7 gate guarded community. My wife is Colombian, I'm....hmmm...semi-retired, own a couple small businesses here. We are constructing a new brick and wood (real hardwood) 3,000 sq. ft. house on 3 acres. The house here will cost us about $35,000. USD and the property with 15 fruit trees, utilities and leveled for a house for $25,000. USD......Our maintenance for 24 hr. guard, water and grounds keeping costs us $20. per mo. Our full time caretaker is $125. per mo.

Sounds tempting...ya want some new neighbors
    Soooo, how secure is this place...they kidnapping for ransom or the like.

I've been here 5 years now with ZERO problems....the rebel factions stay back in the rural areas and in the jungles. My condominium is 2,500 acres...gate guarded and secure. My wifes father has had his country house here for 10 years without incident.

I'm located in a smallish town called Stawell (prounounced 'stall') Victoria, Australia.
    I moved up here with my parents more than 20 years ago from Melbourne as they wanted to get out of the rat race. I've moved about a bit since but always came back
    Its pretty laid back and I can look out of my windows and see this.

Summers are hot, winters are mild, and there is a large mountain range only 20-30 kms away for when I need to dump bodies, I mean get away from my customers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1/2 hour south of Bangor, Maine.

Why, Because this is the way life should be...............

Originally posted by zybch
    I'm located in a smallish town called Stawell (prounounced 'stall') Victoria, Australia.
    I moved up here with my parents more than 20 years ago from Melbourne as they wanted to get out of the rat race. I've moved about a bit since but always came back
    Its pretty laid back and I can look out of my windows and see this.

Summers are hot, winters are mild, and there is a large mountain range only 20-30 kms away for when I need to dump bodies, I mean get away from my customers.
    That and a sheep named Millie!

Is it true that 55% of the people in Columbia live below the poverty line?

EDIT: As it turns out, it is true. It seems like most South American countries have a poverty rate around 50%.
    Last edited by Johnny Fist; 09-19-2004 at 12:31 PM.

Originally posted by Johnny Fist

EDIT: As it turns out, it is true. It seems like most South American countries have a poverty rate around 50%.
    Yep. It's hard to believe that their poverty rate is lower then the poverty rates in the average American city.

Originally posted by Johnny Fist

Actually about 65%. The govt. is overun with corruption. The average grade level is 5 years of school.

KMA
    largo FL because it is close to family.