Thread: Pic quality between Leadtek TV2000 XP Deluxe & WinTV-Radio

Pic quality between Leadtek TV2000 XP Deluxe & WinTV-Radio

I have the Hauppauge WinTV-Radio and sense my last meager upgrade, (mobo, cpu, & memory), it locks up after 30 seconds or so every time I fire it up. I have to reset to recover.
    I have tried many suggestions from this forum and Hauppauge with no luck.
    I CAN however, use it if I start it up and use software such as PowerVCR II or WinDVD RECORDER. I have to have the Hauppauge drivers installed but just cannot use there software.
    I thought about trying one of there PVR cards, but they use the same drivers and main software interface, other then the PVR software. So I believe I would have the same problems.

Can anyone that has the Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe TV Tuner give me their opinion on the picture quality?
    Even better, has anyone used both cards?
    I'm not interested in the PVR capabilities, just picture quality.
    I wonder why the Leadtek is only $40.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Pack
    Abit IC7 (1.3 BIOS) - P4 2.6C, Swiftech MCX-4000 92mm Panaflo - 2 x 512mb XMS3500c PT - Leadtek GF3 Ti500 <- - Audigy 2- WIN-TV PVR - Sony Dru500a DVD-RW - Lite-On 52X CD-RW - 250 ZIP - 5 x WD 120GB SE - Maxtor 120GB & WD 100GB via FireWire - Enermax 465 - Klipsch 5.1 Ultra - 19" Trinitron

Is MSN Messenger running on this PC? Look in Task Manager for MSMSGS.EXE. I have found that the mail-checking function of MSN Messenger causes all sorts of problems with WinTV 2000.
    MS MCP, MCSE