Thread: Why won't this Website Open???

Why won't this Website Open???

I use to be able to log onto this website all the time(kvr-vst.com). Now it starts to load and my status bar almost finishes, but it just won't go all the way. I use Win XP Pro, is my browser not configured properly or does there site operate on some type of server that doesn't work well with my PC?

I use AT&T dial up. So far it's always worked fine. About a month ago they offered a new service...For $5.00 extra a month they claim my speed would increase 5x on my dial up connection. This was about the time this website stopped coming through. Is it possible that since I didn't sign up for the new service that my connection slowed down, and the new service operates at my normal speed???

Loads fine on my system, did u somehow set ur security to high??? Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level.

Don't get the extra service, I don't think it works any better then increasing the IE Temp folder size larger.
    If I were u I'd look for a local IP service, mine is just $5 a month with NO limit, they also have a package that say it'll speed up browsing for $5 more but hey! it's only a modem an nothing but a good modem, good line quality an a decent IP serves will do the trick!
    Last edited by Tweb; 05-03-2004 at 01:17 AM.

My security is set to Medium. I tried lowering the level but still the same issue.

My neighbor was having a similar problem accessing secure sites with WinXP ... tried deleting cookies... all sortsa stuff... He has a new Dell and I think one of the latest IEupdates triggered something. He got it to work after Dell dialed in and added/changed something in his cookies file (he thinks)... all this after coporate help from company web page, AOL, Earthlink, me... then finally Dell.

I'll ask him if he remembers exactly what they did.

BTW, I still have 98se and had no trouble with your example or our corporate site but the timing is what was interesting: He began having that trouble Friday AM.

Thought I'd post what fixed. Apparently the "macromedia flash player" was not installed(don't know how it got uninstalled), reinstalled and now it's fine.