Thread: Monitor does not turn on

Monitor does not turn on

OK, im going to try to cure this one more time before I give up.
    I have a Leadtek GeForce FX 5900 128mb w/s-video out.

First off, when I plug in the s-video cable, it will detect it so I go into the nview properties and select clone view. Then I can see my tv connection but it's in black and white. I have to goto the output selection and take it off auto and set it on s-video, then it works fine. (just a weird occurance, but it happens everytime)

Now for the real annoying problem, the display works fine on both the TV and the monitor. When I restart the computer, they both still work fine.

When I shut down the computer (cold boot) and turn it back on. It will only display it on the TV and not the monitor. This is very annoying b/c I have a 50"HDTV that I like to watch video on from my computer.... alot. So I have to unplug the s-video cable from the back of the computer, which is hard to get to I might add, to get it to display on the monitor again.

I recently formatted and re-installed windows and it still has the same problem. I have tried the 3 most recent nvidia drivers and they all do the same thing.

Spec's

GeForceFX 5900
    Gigabyte ga-vt600 1394 (i think, not at the computer right now but theres no oboard video)
    21" Compaq q-vision CRT
    50" Toshiba HDTV

Have you set your primary display to the monitor? Which one has the big 1 on it in display properties?
    MS MCP, MCSE

I have to set it to master to get video to play on the TV.

Ive determined that it is not a windows issue due to the fact that I cannot see the monitor even in post.