Thread: Drivs. for Diamond Stealth 2000, and opinion on a herc card

Drivs. for Diamond Stealth 2000, and opinion on a herc card

Hi all, couple of things:

I need drivers for a Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 card for WinXP, and I can only find them for 95/98/ME... If anyone could help me out here I would be extremely appreciative.

Also, what are your opinions on the Hercules 3D Prophet 4000 XT 32MB for an older system? I built a machine out of spares I had today, and card-wise I just want something that will run nicely and perhaps play the odd low-end game (That way I can play a particular game over network with my current rig) .

Basically it's an XP2100 on an Asus A7V8x, 40gb hdd, dead basic - But this card has been offered to me by a mate dead cheap. The review of it I read seemed ok, but how does it fare up against the GF2 range?

cheers,
    too_much

I can't speak about the Herc. I've heard that they are good, if not stellar. They are certainly better than the Diamond Stealth. As far as that goes, XP has the drivers already - they are S3 Virge ones.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Ah ok, I did notice it seemed to be running ok, I just wanted to get rid of the "banding" if that's the word - For example, the XP login page, or the welcome screen, in the top left there is a sort of light/fade effect: With the diamond it shows up as differently shaded circles instead, but it's ok as it's not intended asa gaming machine.

thanks loads,

too_much.