Thread: NVIDIA Unwraps New GPU Family

NVIDIA Unwraps New GPU Family

*drools*

Well, time to toss my 9800XT.

man the prices when these things are released hurt!

U can toss your 9800 to me though.
    Lost 10,000 miles from home and loving it!!

not to bad, 9800XT is just a little under 400 bucks. but we will have to see what ATI have in the wings, but man that card is going to be hard to beat, looks sweet, Ill wait and see what the benchmarks look like with the Plain 6800 not the ultra, but they are some sweet looking scores.

I just got a GF4 last year. Im getting too far behind. Maybe this will end the Doom 3 debates for Graphics needs.

-- Mathias

i cant wait to see what the 3rd party guys like gainward evga asus, etc will come out with they always make the cards look so much better

TechTV

TechTV/The Screen Savers had a segment Thursday(although no show notes on the site). Looks like a killer card. Their tech guy said he will be meeting with ATI next week(I guess they have something waiting in the wings). The frame rates for FarCry were almost double that of the 9800XT.

Looks to be a killer card. Wonder what ATI will come out with now?

Ahhh, can not wait now for the 9800XT to drop to about $125, then I can replace my modded 9500Pro.--RH
    Last edited by Roadhog; 04-15-2004 at 12:53 PM.

ATI will come out with something Equal too that or better, plus the Shading will be better.

The 9800XT has a better pixel shadder than the geforce. but in practially all aspects of the card the 6800 wins. But still...lets see what ATI comes out with..

Also probly around 2 months after the new ATI comes out their come up with a Set up card sort of like making the 9600 first than the 9800....they'll probly do that here

....BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE NEW ATI CARD!!!!!!!!!!
    So many Fps

apparently you Nvidia are reccomending that a 480 watt PSU be used with. okay thats pretty high wattage. i feel sorry for a person with the prescott CPU that can use up to 100 watt on its own, they would need over 500 watts probably!!

ive got a geforce FX5200, its a god awful card and i need to overclock it...a lot...so ill probably need some cooling for it too, any idea anybody, all the overclocking i have tryed hase only got me a few more fps or only 1000 more mdmarks or aquamarks.

definitely sounds good to me, too bad it will require about a 480 watt PSU and will need two *un-split* power cables.

What is the GPU clock Speed on the geforce FX 6800

Originally posted by ShadeZeRO
    ATI will come out with something Equal too that or better, plus the Shading will be better.
    *cough...*cough.... no.

the 6800 will have PS3.0 support, yet the new R500's will only have PS2.0 support. sounds like a waste of a good card to me. I've seen the difference between PS2.0 and PS3.0 and it is unreal! ATI will be fast, but it won't look as good this time.

How much better do you guiys reckon this new card will be than my 5900XT, as I just bought it thinking I had the latest technology.

WillihamS, Nvidia is boasting based on gameplay and benchmark tests, that the 6800 Ultra will be 2 times better than the 5950 Ultra. If this is true, I would guess about 2.3 times better than your 5900XT. Count on it.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, ****.