Thread: ps2 controller to pc usb port adapter

ps2 controller to pc usb port adapter

Hello, I would like to hear from all of you on what is the best adapter out there to connect your ps2/psone controller to a pc usb port. I make it sound complicated; I just want to play pc games with my ps2 controller. There a bunch out there. Which one(s) is(are) the best? Thank you.

Dude, they're all workable. I can't even remember the name of the one I have. Its a pretty basic adapter...get one at Fry's or BestBuy or wherever for like 10 bucks. I only use it for the occasional race-game...esp the Super Bike games. The analog control is nice as oposed to the off/on of digital.

I hear ya on certain games, but there is no subsitute for a nice mouse/keyboard combo for kicking some serious tookus.

I seriously looked into getting an adapter like the one you want, but the main problem I saw was game support. If you got something like this Logitech Dual Action Gamepad that looks (and should feel) much like a PS2 controller, you might be better off. It's only $19.99 MSRP, which is about the cost of a half decent adapter. And has excellent support with games, sinced it's backed by a name like Logitech.
    Last edited by bob05; 04-07-2004 at 12:07 AM.

I use the Logitech dual action gamepad and it works great. Its the closest thing I've seen to the PS2 gamepad. I got it at CompUSA for $19.99.

This is the adapter I have:

USB Adapter

I couldn't get it to work with the rumble function, but other that that, it works just fine. I bought it from Lik-Sang a while ago, and they got it to me in one piece, pretty quickly.

I have the same adapter proskate44 has and I am quite satisified. What you can't see is that it has a N64 adapter on the side. But unfortunetly, it's not very compatible, the joystick doesn't function properly. It works perfectly with any dualshock PS/PS2 controller.

My rumble feature works just fine, but I've only got it to work with roms. Any other game I play on my PC, I use my keyboard/mouse. Call up logitech and see if they make a rumble keyboard and mouse. Man that would be sooo sweet!

logitech i-feel mouse has a rumble feature. Unfortunetly, very few games support it, but there is a software which will make the mouse rumble based on the sound setting. e.g if you hear a gun shot or if buildings collapse, the mouse will rumble. It only cost me $14 canadian. If you dont like the rumble feature, you can always turn it off and it works just like any other logitech usb optical mouse.

Originally posted by Sir William
    Call up logitech and see if they make a rumble keyboard and mouse. Man that would be sooo sweet!
    The keyboard, maybe.

But I'm not convinced you're really imagining how frustrating a rumblin mouse could be.

But I'm not convinced you're really imagining how frustrating a rumblin mouse could be.
    Maybe if it didn't rumble too much it would work... But yes, I can see that getting out of hand.

Perhaps a rumbling trackball?