Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rice gives 9/11 testimony under oath [LIVE]

Rice gives 9/11 testimony under oath [LIVE]

Rice gives 9/11 testimony under oath [LIVE]

On CNN.com you can listen to the testimony live right now. Link to story - here

Check out CNN radio link can be found on the front page of CNN.com

you know? I'm not watching it, but I can STILL tell she's lying...

How can you tell? Are her lips moving?

I think it's far from us (in the general population) to be able to tell what the real truth is here. How much are they really going to divulge publicly about the real circumstances and intel leading up to, and after, 9/11?

I find it HIGHLY unlikely that they would half ignore a serious threat to our national security, even if they did secretly want it to happen deep-down in places they don't talk about at parties so that we could start an offensive campaign with full domestic and semi-foreign backing.

I find it amazing that if the administration's course of action prior to 9/11 to the war in Iraq was such a clear and intelligable solution then why are we seeing memos and sworn testimony by the intelligence community that such a threat did exist and an attack was immenent.

I am not suprised by the actions of Bush's administration. I find him a highly incompetent leader with a supportive staff, that even though they are all very intelligent and gifted individuals, are running the show with nothing more than personal motives as their guide.

I'm not saying this has never happened before. It seems our goverment has operated from probably the beggining like this. But, on such a scale that has happened is truly appalling.

Because hindsight is always 20/20.

I think it's also very short-sighted to simply load this on Bush's shoulders as an "incompetent" leader. If, and ONLY if, you're accusations are true, then Clinton played a major role in what happened as well.

It's so easy for our country, especially recently it seems, to start trying to find unbalanced blame when those that are truly at fault can't be brought to justice.

Some examples:
    - families of 9/11 victims suing the airlines
    - familied of 9/11 victims suing the gov't
    - people on a witch-hunt for intel oversight in our government's top echelons (not saying that an investigation isn't warranted to shore up any leaks, but seems like we're trying to put more blame on our own gov't than on the terrorist--pardon my language--&%@#**^$ who did this)

IMO, none of the other options we had for president back in 2000 would not have launched offensives as immediately and with as much personal conviction as Bush.

You want to talk about appalling gov't behaviour, all we have to do is peek back in time about 40 years to Vietnam.

The only time a politician isn't lying is when they are dead, and I'm not too sure about that.

I don't believe one can accuse those in the US administration of lying about the events leading up to the 911 atrocity, what happened, in my humble opinion, was way beyond their control and only in hindsight is it easy to say they could have done this or that to avoid the attack.

Where one could possibly apportion blame justifiably for lying and misleading the American public is the way the administration cynically used the terrible events of that awful day to deceive and fool people into supporting an illegal invasion of Iraq.

One of the main reasons given in the lead up to that ongoing and increasingly bloody war was the supposed link between Iraq (Saddam) and al Qaeda (Bin Laden), there was no link, no link whatsoever but it suited President Bush and his inner circles purposes to mislead. They themselves were misled but willingly by Iraqis who had their own reasons for either inventing and/or exaggerating Saddams danger to the world. One could say the Iraqis justifiably misled, Bush had no justification apart from his own hidden addenda, over time we will discover what that addenda may be, be it oil, business, perceived threat to Israel, who knows.

In the meantime American, British and other nationals including Iraqie civilians will continue to be killed on a daily basis, the American forces totally out of their depth when dealing with public insurrection, using a sledgehammer to crack a nut and alienating the indigenous population.

Why Blair allowed my country to be dragged into this dirty little affair against the wishes of the majority of the British people, I don't know, one day I am sure he will be made to account for his stupidity.

Originally posted by NJEnviroguy
    I am not suprised by the actions of Bush's administration. I find him a highly incompetent leader with a supportive staff, that even though they are all very intelligent and gifted individuals, are running the show with nothing more than personal motives as their guide.
    By inteligent and giften, I assume you mean rich and corrupt.

The poorest of them is Ms Rice who only has a measley $5m to her name (and of course an oil tanker named after her).

Originally posted by leprechaun_40
    The only time a politician isn't lying is when they are dead, and I'm not too sure about that.
    Thats why drawing and quartering them while they are still alive is such a nice concept and one that should be introduced immediatley!

Originally posted by Black Beard
    I don't believe one can accuse those in the US administration of lying about the events leading up to the 911 atrocity, what happened, in my humble opinion, was way beyond their control and only in hindsight is it easy to say they could have done this or that to avoid the attack.
    Having now had chance to read in detail about the 911 atrocity and after watching and listening to Condoleezza Rice I retract the above statement.

What confuses me a bit is not that there wasn't adequate warning about 911, but that the administration just ignored the threat that did exist, while only a couple of months later they were seemingly misled by the same inteligence bodies into charging into Iraq on the basis of something that didn't exist.

Now if there was some kind of comparable action taken, that might change things a bit, but it was purely a case of shutting the stable after the stable had burnt to the ground!

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Originally posted by zybch
    it was purely a case of shutting the stable after the stable had burnt to the ground!
    They should of bought a intruder alert system off me

www.thomsonsecurity.com

Originally posted by j.m@talk
    They should of bought a intruder alert system off me

www.thomsonsecurity.com

Originally posted by zybch
    were seemingly misled by the same inteligence bodies into charging into Iraq on the basis of something that didn't exist.
    I'm not surprised they probably got their intelligence from Fox Fair and Balanced News (I call it the comedy channel) but seriously I wonder if the administration did have but ignored the warnings from the FBI and CIA, did the FBI and CIA then unjustly take the wrap to protect Bush, did they then in their eagerness to please (mainly from feelings of guilt) go on to do all they could to please their masters which included amongst other things telling them the things they wanted hear about Iraq, whether true or not.