View Poll Results: Are you scared of death?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 28.57%
  • No

30 71.43%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are you scared of death?

hell must be getting crowed i wonder how many sq feet

That all depends on whether you believe there is a hell, I don't, or heaven for that matter, but I don't do religion here, it's a big trouble maker.

Originally posted by Bob The Great
    yeah tottaly.

Actually I'm more afraid of growing old without that perfect someone.
    I actually found the PERFECT WOMAN....unfortunately she was looking for a PERFECT MAN!
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar
    nah i dont really care life sucks anyway

I beleive in God, and when I die I know that I will be with my two wonderful grandmas, my uncle Earl and the rest of my family that has passed on at that point.

Originally posted by bob05
    It's a bit frightening, but I know I'll be going to a better place.
    I'm with you bob, and today is a good day to die.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

Afraid of DEATH, not only no, but hell no....I'm afraid of life! Once your dead, your TOAST, there is NO afterlife so no pain, no worries no nada. This B.S. we have been taught all our lives about an afterlife is simply a fable created my man because of his inability to comprehend a finite life. When you "vapor lock", that's it brother....better enjoy while your here because the only afterlife for you is worm food.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Originally posted by Billforce
    Once your dead, your TOAST, there is NO afterlife so no pain, no worries no nada. This B.S. we have been taught all our lives about an afterlife is simply a fable created my man because of his inability to comprehend a finite life. When you "vapor lock", that's it brother....better enjoy while your here because the only afterlife for you is worm food.
    I completely agree. And I thought the day would never come!

Originally posted by Billforce
    Afraid of DEATH, not only no, but hell no....I'm afraid of life! Once your dead, your TOAST, there is NO afterlife so no pain, no worries no nada. This B.S. we have been taught all our lives about an afterlife is simply a fable created my man because of his inability to comprehend a finite life. When you "vapor lock", that's it brother....better enjoy while your here because the only afterlife for you is worm food.
    then eat, drink and be merry, but there can be no more miserable a man than the one who faces an enternity of darkness. Most people I know who love God do so because they have asked for his help and it has been given. A myriad of personal testimonies, but only those with ears can hear.

everybody acts like its a big ordeal, but its happened to me a few times and its not that bad.

I have a belief, and that's what keeps me going. I can't imagine waking up and just knowing in 80+ years I will have to live in 'darkness' with no afterlife forever. What's then to live for?

Originally posted by bob05
    I have a belief, and that's what keeps me going. I can't imagine waking up and just knowing in 80+ years I will have to live in 'darkness' with no afterlife forever. What's then to live for?
    That's the whole point, you won't wake up in darkness or in anything else 'cos you'd be dead - confirming Bill's point about people finding it hard to comprehend a finite life. It's all speculation anyway, we won't know until it happens, and by then it's too late to tell anyone. Live for the moment, and hope there's a moment after it

Originally posted by fishybawb
    That's the whole point, you won't wake up in darkness or in anything else 'cos you'd be dead - confirming Bill's point about people finding it hard to comprehend a finite life. It's all speculation anyway, we won't know until it happens, and by then it's too late to tell anyone. Live for the moment, and hope there's a moment after it
    Absolutley, not point in worring about it at all, there is nothing you can do about it, you must not fear, you must know that one day, you're going to die.

It's ironic however that you said humans have a hard time comprehending a finite life, when there is an argument in philosophy that says we cannot comprehend infinite 'anything'

Such as, Mill's (Emperialist) ideas about how humans learn things doesn't account for infinity, saying that we have no idea what infinity is, put simply, because we have never seen it. Now, while other philosophers believe, such as Descartes (Rationalist), that the human "mind" (but later on he terms a humans "being" as a soul) is born with innate ideas, such as inifinity. Descartes uses this idea to illistrate that the human mind can't come up with an idea about infinity on it's own, and that god (or some greater being that IS infinite) has put it there.

This argument sort of matches up to the fact that no-one has ever seen a triangle.

can't see electricity either, but when we plug in a kettle we sure hope it's there.

And that's my point, you can have the HOPE of eternal life, or nothing. Each to his own, but I know the destiny I am hoping I have, and hoping God will keep His promise. Much better than worms.

And if you pray, miracles happen, even the medical profession are becoming less skeptical, maybe because they have seen more miricales than others.

http://www.lifetimetv.com/reallife/h...rituality.html

a mod must be notified about this immediately, lifetime network? you need get yourself checked out.