Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How is this possible?

Not an incorrect reading at all... I had all the badnwidth to myself at the time of the test...
    "I'm no technical supervisor, I'm a supervising technician."
    --Homer Simpson

Maybe the UK has nothing going for them but I certainly do here in the US...
    "I'm no technical supervisor, I'm a supervising technician."
    --Homer Simpson

Originally posted by aghastpumpkin
    Is that a joke?
    How the bleedin gums murphy is that possible?
    Does the technology exist?
    Sorry if I sound ignorant here, but here in the UK the max you can get is 2mb broadband.
    That is a fifth of what you have quoted.
    Wow.
    Im sure you can get more than that in the UK. It's just mainly businesses purchase the higher bandwidth lines.

Vampiel...I just did your test above for cable in Oregon and the first time ws a little dissappointing to me compared to the rest of Oregon.

I just did it again and it showed an 30 percent increase or so ( est.) This verifies the fact that your speeds are fairly relative at times and fluxuate. The cable guy explained to me that even down the street..someones speed could be faster. Wholely depends on where you live.

Also, what is T1 ? thats a level up from cable heh?
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

T1 - A digital transmission link with a capacity of 1.544 Mbps. T1 uses two pairs of normal twisted wires, the same as found in most residences. T1 normally handles 24 voice conversations, each one digitized at 64 Kbps. But, with more advanced digital voice encoding techniques, it can handle more voice channels. T1 is a standard for digital transmission in the United States. T1 lines are used to connect networks across remote distances. Bridges and routers are used to connect LANs over T1 networks. There are faster services available. T1 links can often be connected directly to new ***s and many new forms of short haul transmission, such as short haul microwave systems.

T3 - A term for a digital carrier facility used to transmit a DS-3 formatted digital signal at 44.746 megabits per second

OC3 - Optical Carrier 3: an optical fibre line carrying 155mbps; a U.S. designation generally recognized throughout the telecommunications community worldwide.

Originally posted by stix_kua
    sorry

coughphotochoppedcough

Vampiel...thats a whole lot of good info...you spelled that out real well..thanks alot..now i know!
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS