Thread: Error 1920.Service

Error 1920.Service

My friend bought this Diskeeper 8.0 PRO and it can't installed. It said "Error 1920.Service Diskeeper (Diskeeper) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leo

I must first ask if this user is an administrator on the PC he is installing the software on.

It appears that you are using XP. I have not used Diskeeper since version 4 or 5.

This is the only search returned by google with your specific error:
    http://forums.techbg.com/index.php?showtopic=2756
    Too bad most of us can not read it.

[Edit]
    Is he trying to install diskeeper on a server OS (Server 2003)?

When trying to start the service from Computer Management or Adminstrative Tool/Services, does he get the same error?
    Last edited by rraehal; 02-10-2004 at 01:30 AM.
    -- Mathias

He on xp pro service pack 1.. on adminstrative. Could be he disabled some service in services.msc

I did some search in google and found out that this error show up in norton, mcafee.
    Leo

any help is appreciate...
    Leo

Originally posted by Aznmask
    He on xp pro service pack 1.. on adminstrative. Could be he disabled some service in services.msc. - found out that this error show up in norton, mcafee.
    I don't think the latter means much except that some users do in fact disable services and they typically shouldn't as it will interfere with alot of app installs. Has he disabled anything - using w2k here at the office - have him check and restore anything he disabled. Or maybe kill a few background apps - some time AV and even ZA interfere with installs.

If he hasn't, post back and I'll look around some more.

i dont know which service he disabled.. is there any other way to fix this?
    Leo

I think the error shows up in Norton and McAfee because it is a Windows Installer Error. I could be wrong but that is what it looks like to me from the screen shot you provided.

When you are in Services.msc, does the service give the same error? I did not see if you answered that. Did he have a previous version of Diskeepr installed? If he did and it was not removed, it could interfere with the install.

Have you tried to unistall the Application, Reboot and install again? If not, you could try that and see if anything changes.

You could try to create a new Administrator Account and install from thje new account. It is possible that a configuration option in the original user profile is causing the install to fail.
    -- Mathias

He just formated his PC a while ago.. so he haven't install diskeeper b4, czu he just bought it in the store.
    Leo